4. I Have Such Luck

Start from the beginning

Fidteen minutes later, I get inside Jack's bright red car with a pout. "I got fired."

"Your boss didn't think it was stylish, did he?" He smiles apologetically.

"He thought I was irresponsible, careless, reckless, young and stupid. He's fifty seven, so I couldn't say anything back to him." I shrug, looking out of the window.

"Well, he's wrong. Don't worry, you'll find another job in no time." He assures me, and as much as I want to believe him, I don't.

"I'm not worried about work; I'm worried about rent." I sigh, "I had to have the money by now and when I asked my boss for it his face turned so red I thought he was having a stroke."

"Shit." He chuckles and I couldn't help but join him.

"Well, I can lend you the money, you know?" He suggests carefully and for the first time since high school I appreciate someone's friendship.

"No." I shake my head. "Thank you, but no. I can't take money from you. Besides, I'm trying to prove to my parents that I'm independent. I'm obviously failing, but I won't quit trying."

"What are you going to do then?" He asks, keeping his eyes on the road and his hands securely over the steering wheel.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna get kicked out of my apartment. I'll sweet talk my way through it. Just get me there already. God, you drive slower than my grandma." I roll my eyes at him.

"I don't drive slowly. I'm just being cautious. It's a crowded street." He shrugs, clutching the steering wheel harder, making me giggle. I turn to my window again with a sigh. It's gonna be fine. I'm not gonna get kicked out. It will be all alright. Just a new adventure, I'm sure.

♡♡♡

"It's all his fault! That jerk!" I yell, shoving more of my clothes in one of the suitcases that are helplessly lying on the bed.

"Calm down, Hannah." Jack says as he zips the other suitcase.

"I hate him. He got me fired and kicked out of my apartment, Jack. I swear if I see him, I'm gonna introduce him to my fist this time. Since when do I stutter in an arguement, anyway? I should have shown him who I truly was back then." I grit my teeth, fuming.

"It's not entirely his fault." Jack mumbles, picking up some shoes and packing them as well.

"Excuse me? Don't you dare defend him. He made me late and he ruined my dress." I shout, waving my arms around like a lunatic.

It is his fault. That arrogant prick. I will never marry him. How could Jack even think that. I wanna be a nun.

"Whatever. Now what?" He asks, throwing his body on my bed. Well, the bed.

"I don't know." I sigh as I zip the last suitcase. The apartment already had all the furniture and the decorations when I moved in. All I have here are my clothes and the food in the fridge, which is pretty much close to nothing, so I won't even bother. The asshole of a landlordcan do the cleaningfor all I care.

Jack's phone buzzes and he glances at me before picking up. "Yes. Yeah, that's right. No way, dude. Are you sure? Thanks, man! I owe you one. Alright."

"What?" I snap when he looks at me expectantly.

"You were saying?" He asks, grinning.

"I was saying that I don't have any idea what the hell I'm gonna do now." I exhale, praying for patience to deal with this idiot I now call a friend.

"How about some fun?" His grins again, mouth too wide, teeth too white. Yet somehow he remains as adorable as a baby cupid. I'm gonna have a headache.