Excuses

Thank you, Pandaz1568, for this suggestion! Remember, if you have any more ideas for one-shots, comment them down below! I love suggestions!

Percy woke up to a light pressure on his hips and a gentle voice whispering his name. "Percy... Psst, Percy." He opened his eyes and found the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen, straddling his waist and smiling down at his sleepy form.

"Good morning, Annabeth," he mumbled, words slightly slurred from drowsiness. "What time is it?"

"Time for you to get up."

"Mmm..." Percy sat up onto his elbows, but Annabeth did not move from her perch on his hips. Tilting his head to the side, he looked out the window and got a view of Camp Half-Blood, washed out in the pinkish-gray light of early morning. "Gods, Annabeth, why are you waking me up this early?" Percy inquired.

"Come on," she pleaded. "I want to show you something."

Percy lazily dressed, noting Annabeth's amused smirk as Percy stripped down to his underwear to slip on his cargo shorts. He had picked the wrong day to wear his Spongebob boxers. He yanked one of his usual orange Camp Half-Blood tee shirts down over his torso and turned to face his girlfriend, lounging on his bed. "Ready?" she questioned.

By the time Annabeth dragged Percy out to the lake, the sky was alight with the colors of the sunrise; shades of pink and orange and gold illuminated the early morning and covered the water of the Long Island Sound with a shimmering glow. Annabeth gestured Percy to sit facing the water. He did. She came around to the front of him, sitting on his lap and wrapping her legs around his sides. Percy stared at her, still a little sleepy. Her blonde hair had turned into a pink color in the light of the sunrise. Percy smiled, taking a curl of her hair and wrapping it around his index finger. "Is this what you wanted to show me, Wise Girl?"

"No," Annabeth replied, a guilty smirk on her face. "I just needed an excuse for you to come sit out here with me."

"You never need an excuse," he responded, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.