Apollo's Children

Apollo had been claiming more and more children lately.

Which was great and all. More children know their parents, less campers piled up in the Hermes Cabin, blah blah blah. But Apollo wasn't exactly subtle when it came to claiming his children.

Now, Percy was happy for any camper who got claimed. He could remember how badly he wanted his dad to claim him, and how excited he was when it actually happened. But he was getting pretty annoyed by all these claimings.

Not that campers getting claimed was particularly annoing to Percy. Apollo claiming his children was annoying.

As any demigod knew, gods claimed their children by flashing their sign over the camper's head. Every god had a symbol, like Poseidon had the trident, Zeus had a lightning bolt, Athena had an owl...

But like anyone who has ever met the sun god knows, Apollo had a flare for the dramatic. And Percy guessed that a simple sun shining over his children's head wasn't good enough.

This is probably why Apollo claimed his children by showering confetti over the camper's head, turning the actual sun into a giant disco ball, and blasting "We are the Champions" in the background.

I'm a child of Apollo, so I got a bit excited for this one :) Seriously, can someone give me some ideas? I've been struggling with writer's block for weeks now!!! No idea is a wrong idea!