Anna's New School

"Really, I don't need your help getting a boyfriend. I already have one!" Annabeth felt that if she had to explain this one more time, she'd scream.

"Seriously, Anna, you don't have to pretend. We know this super smart boy. You'd be into him." The girl who had spoken was either named McKenna or McKayla. Annabeth never took the time to remember which.

"I have a boyfriend." Annabeth said through gritted teeth. "And for the millionth time, my name is not Anna."

McKenna/McKayla, along with her two blonde friends who looked exactly alike though they denied being related, was in the group of popular girls, which Annabeth had figured by her third day at the new school. And as such, they seemed to think it was their personal responsibility to befriend Annabeth, even though she made it clear on several occasions that she was not interested. And maybe their forced friendship wouldn't be so bad if they didn't treat her like a charity case. Every other sentence was, "Anna, we could get you a boyfriend," or, "Anna, we could give you a makeover," or, "Anna, we could take you shopping for some girls' clothes."

For whatever reason, McKenna/McKayla and her drones didn't believe Annabeth was capable of getting a boyfriend. Which made Percy picking her up from school one day even better.

As the girls went on about this "super smart" boy, Annabeth saw the faded blue pickup pull into the school's parking lot. She said nothing.

"... And he's, like, really into books. So we think you'd like him. And--" One of the blondes cut off mid sentence. The trio's eyes nearly popped out of their overly make upped heads.

"Do you see that boy?"

"Who is that?"

"Does he go here?"

"He is sooo hot!"

"He's coming over here!"

"What should we say to--"

The "sooo hot" boy plopped and arm around Annabeth's shoulders and pulled her into a quick albeit passionate kiss. "Hey, Wise Girl." He looked up at the gawking females. "These your friends?"