Chapter 35: Our Kingdoms

Amelia was tapping her fingers impatiently onto the table. She looked at nothing in particular while her head leaned on her other hand. 

Felicity was seated in front of her, she wasn't looking at anything either but eventually ended up looking at Amelia. "What's wrong, love?"

Amelia looked at Felicity. "What's taking them so long?"

"They need time to interrogate them," Felicity showed a small smile and then reached for Amelia's hands. "We'll get the answers we need, I'm sure of that."

Amelia looked at Felicity, who looked at her with such hopeful eyes. She couldn't do anything but smile at Felicity. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Is there news?" Carl asked as he and Chandler entered the living room. Carl had been working around the castle, as was Chandler, but they couldn't concentrate on their tasks. They needed to know what really happened to their loved one.

"No," Amelia sighed. "Nothing."

Felicity shook her head before kissing Amelia's hand a few times, as if that'd calm her down. "Give my parents some time."

Carl sighed as he and Chandler went to sit down. "I hope they didn't murder James," Carl looked down, at his hands. "It's sad enough that James died at such a young age, I don't need it to be intentionally."

Chandler nodded. "I hope it was just an accident."

Amelia looked from them to Felicity, who was still kissing and feeling her hands. Amelia couldn't help but smile at the sight. "What are you doing?"

Felicity looked up. "I'm admiring my fiancee's hands," She then kissed them a few more times. "I love them so much."

Amelia giggled a bit before she pulled her hands back as she saw Louisa and Alden enter the room. "And?" She gulped. "Did they say anything?"

Louisa and Alden looked at each other before sighing. "They admitted that Prince Piers indeed commanded them to kill you." Alden said.

Amelia gulped. She knew her uncle had demanded her to be killed, but hearing that out of the mouth of those two soldiers... It felt unreal.

"What about James?" Chandler asked.

Alden looked at Louisa, who sighed. "They confessed they were paid to murder James," She then looked at Amelia. "At the same spot you were knifed down."

Carl and Chandler looked down. Knowing their loved one was intentionally harmed, and killed, made them feel sick. It made them angry and hate those guards, but they were also upset because they weren't there to protect him.

"My uncle paid for me to be killed, he paid for my dad to be killed," Amelia shook her head, then suddenly an idea popped into her mind. "I bet he paid for mom to be killed."

"Amelia," Louisa shook her head. "That's a very big accusation."

"I know, but I feel like my uncle would gain the most by killing her off," She looked at everyone, hoping they'd catch on to what she was thinking. "He wants power, he wants to rule, killing my mom was the easiest way to get it."

"And by killing James, he made her feel lonely and weak," Chandler nodded. "He made her a prisoner in her castle."

"And when you were left, he got rid of you so the throne would go to him," Felicity ended the train of thoughts. "He's the one responsible for killing your parents," She then squeezed in Amelia's hands a bit. "And almost succeeded in killing you."

"Almost." Amelia smiled as she kissed Felicity's hands.

"We'll put everything together on a role," Louisa said. "Tomorrow, we'll go over to the Southern Kingdom and reveal Prince Piers' crimes."

_______________________

Amelia sighed as she was looking at the ceiling. She had been wondering about tomorrow, about what would happen once she reveals herself to the Crown, to her family, to her uncle... Would they allow her to be the ruler again? It was obvious they didn't like her, maybe they wouldn't let her rule anymore. But would that be so bad?

"Hey," Felicity laid down next to Amelia, in their bed. "What are you thinking about?" She asked as she pulled the sheets on top of them.

Amelia shrugged. "I don't know how to feel about the Southern Kingdom," She looked at Felicity. "I once called it my house, but it never quite felt like my home. I prefer it here."

Felicity smiled. "I bet it's not as bad as you make it out to be."

"It is," Amelia looked back at the ceiling. "I knew I wasn't wanted, I knew they thought less of me," She sighed. "And now I know why."

Felicity kept looking at Amelia, she had noticed how these last few days had been hard on her. And she understood why. Felicity couldn't even start to imagine how it must be: both of Amelia's parents were killed, and there had been an attempt to kill her as well...

Amelia sighed. "Maybe I'll just stay here," She then looked at Felicity. "As your wife."

Felicity smiled. "I'd love that," She leaned in closer to kiss Amelia's lips. "You'd be an amazing Queen alongside me." She then carefully made her way on top of Amelia.

Amelia smiled as she welcomed Felicity on top of her. "Would I?"

"I'm 100% sure of that." Felicity then leaned in and kissed Amelia's lips slowly. She kissed her way alongside her face and neck.

Amelia started giggling. "That tickles."

Felicity pulled back and smiled at Amelia. "I missed that sound," She caressed Amelia's cheek. "Your beautiful laughter. It's been a while."

Amelia smiled a bit. "I didn't have many reasons to laugh..."

"I know," Felicity pecked Amelia's forehead. "I do hope you'll soon find more reasons to laugh."

"I've found one very good reason," Amelia smiled as she pulled Felicity closer to her, pressing their bodies impossibly close to each other. "You."

Felicity smiled as she leaned in closer, stopping right in front of Amelia's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"And tomorrow," Felicity whispered, looking Amelia deeply in her eyes. "I'll protect you against those traitors to our kingdoms."

Amelia smiled even more. "We'll rule both kingdoms, as we were born to do so."

"Absolutely." Felicity smiled before closing the gap between their lips.