I was settling into my desk, logging on to my computer, when a knock sounded at the door.

"Come in."

Crystal poked her head inside. "Good morning," she said.

"Morning. What's up?"

"You okay?" she asked, leaning her hip against the doorway. "You seem flustered."

"Well." I sighed. "It's a Monday. Let's leave it at that."

Crystal was a sweetheart and meant well, but I never got personal with my employees. Especially given my position of authority, I didn't feel like it was appropriate to gossip with my employees.

"Tell me about it," she said, rolling her eyes. "I spilled an entire cup of coffee down my dress this morning. Burned like hell! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that a client dropped off a bouquet for you earlier."

A few select corporate clients occasionally brought cookies or gift baskets near the holidays, but nothing specific to one person. I wasn't as involved with clients directly anymore, which made it even less likely I would be the subject of someone's generosity.

My attention jumped to her. "Really?"

"Yes, ma'am." She grinned. "And he was quite the looker, I must say. Potential suitor?"

I blinked. It must have been Jarrod. Guilt diffused through me.

"That's strange," I said, feigning ignorance. "Was there a note?"

"I didn't check. I'd bring it in here, but it's pretty heavy."

The hell? I exhaled with another forced smile.

"Thanks for letting me know," I said, following her down to the row of teller desks. "When did he bring it in?"

"Right before you came in, actually. I think he was hoping to catch you but said he had to leave for work."

My heart pounded at the sight of an enormous bouquet of red and white roses. There had to be at least fifty flowers. The vase was glass and looked expensive. I covered my gaping mouth. This must have cost a fortune.

"Here," Crystal said, "I'll help you carry it."

We lugged it into my office and placed it on the corner of my desk. I typically liked to keep my desk clear, but there was no other place to put the behemoth.

I thanked Crystal and sent her away. If he left a card somewhere, I didn't want to risk my employee seeing anything racy. My hands sifted through the beautiful buds in search of a card.

A thrilling pulse shot through me when I touched something hard and dry. Plucking the card out, I checked to make sure I was alone again. Then I steadied myself and read it.

Thinking about you. Please call me.

I read the card several times before sinking into my chair.

What kind of romantic hero was this guy? He was relentless.

I couldn't even pretend to not be affected. My pulse stammered in my ears, my stomach full of butterflies.