10

LEAH

We lay in bed for several minutes, just soaking up each other's company. I never wanted to leave these sheets.

Jarrod had owned by body in ways I didn't even know were possible. I couldn't even remember how many times I came.

This man was a freaking sex god.

After some time, I was overcome with the urge to pee. I discreetly attempted to roll away at first before his arm tightened around me.

"Where do you think you're going, missy?" he grumbled.

Turning over, I gazed into his eyes. The city
light pouring in through the window illuminated his rich gold eyes. They glowed brightly like dancing flames.

"I need to use the restroom," I confessed.

His mouth twitched in a smile. "Well, in that case . . ." He released me and sat up, pointing to the door for the en-suite master bathroom.

I pecked his mouth before slipping out of bed.

A wolf whistle sounded behind me. I stole furtive glance back at him, to which he simpered coyly.

"What?" he said shamelessly. "You've got a beautiful ass, sweetheart."

I laughed and waved him off, disappearing into the bathroom. I relieved myself and went to the sink to clean up.

Once I was alone, the reality of my situation started to kick in. My hair was an absolutely wreck and my body was covered in red marks.

I followed the trail of my bare skin below my breasts, to my stomach and thighs. The elation and sexiness I felt earlier came crashing down.

I was chubby, had stretch marks, and was most certainly not the sex goddess that possessed me in bed two minutes ago.

The fact that Jarrod had seen me naked was jolting. He'd seen this?

I didn't even know Jarrod. He was my doctor and now we'd fucked.

What the hell am I doing?

Thank god he'd put a condom on. I couldn't believe I'd been this reckless.

What if he had an STD?

Shit, shit, shit.

My gaze didn't stray from the makeup smudges  under my eyes while I washed my hands.

I wanted to go home and be alone. I wanted to sleep by myself in my own bed in my own house.

Then tomorrow, I could go to work and pretend this little blip in my sexual history never happened.

I turned to the bathroom door and sighed.

What would I tell Jarrod?

I couldn't be rude. He'd been nothing short of amazing with me.

For once in a very long girl, I felt sexy. Nothing else mattered with our bodies wrapped around each other. I let all my worries and fears disappear.

The moment was over now, though, and this couldn't happen again.

He was my doctor, for goodness' sake. I had slept with a freaking doctor. That had to be some kind of lapse in my psychological judgment.

I cracked the door open and peeked out into the bedroom. Jarrod was nowhere to be seen. Despite the twinge in my chest, I was relieved.

This would go so much smoother if I could just throw my clothes on and walk out. I didn't want to make things awkward but I was ready to run away and pretend like I didn't just have a one night stand.