-

Michael and I had gone out to dinner. After that, he took me where we went on our first date.

Our first date was awkward, even though we had no each other for so long. Things were changing, and it was weird to both of us. We just didn't want to fuck up. We just spent the afternoon at Santa Monica Pier. He apologized thinking it wasn't enough. But I had a great time with him.

Currently, we're in the car heading to the next spot he's taking us. I knew that this was all build up to 'the L word' but I was doing my best to keep my mind off that.

"Babe, we're gonna go back to mine, okay?" Michael tells me, quickly looking over at me before looking back to the road.

I nod, before looking back out the window.

Once we finally reach his apartment, I was beginning to fall asleep. Michael lightly chuckles, reaching over and trying to gently shake me awake.

"I'm awake, bub." I yawn, stretching out.

"The drive wasn't even that long." He laughs, unbuckling and getting out of the car.

I quickly follow, going over to him and grabbing his hand. The two of us always take the stairs up to his apartment, and I sigh, before we start the trek upstairs. But Michael keeps walking, once we make it to his floor.

"Babe, where are you going?" I ask, though it comes across more as a whine. I stay on the platform, and he looks down at me from a few steps above.

He holds his hand out to me, "Come on."

I give him a small smile, taking his hand in mine and continuing to walk with him.

"This is too much exercise today, bub." I laugh, nudging his side, "Where are we going?"

He sighs, pushing a door open once we're at the top, leading to the roof.

"Michael, what the fuck!" I exclaim, a gasp leaving my lips.

Looking ahead of me, there's lights set up, with flower petals on the ground. There's also a bottle of what looks like wine sitting out.

"Don't worry, this, is non-alcoholic." He says, pausing when he holds up the bottle.

"There's no glasses." I chuckle.

"Babe. Come on. I know tonight we were classy, but, we're not that classy." He laughs, opening the bottle and drinking straight out of it.

Passing it to me, I nervously look at the bottle in my hands, before I take a small sip. It's the only sip I'll take, because though there's no alcohol in it, it can lead me right to relapsing. A small laugh passes his lips as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Tonight has been so great, Michael. You're always so good to me." I tell him.

"I think you know why I wanted tonight to be special though..." he trails off, turning and facing me.

"Do I?" I ask, a small smirk on my lips.

Though I clearly did, I always had to joke with Michael. We were never serious, but once he takes a deep breath and stares at me, I knew it was coming.

"Kels... I'm in love with you." Michael softly says, grabbing my hands, a shy smile on his lips.

"Michael-"

He nervously bites his lip, looking down to our intertwined fingers, "Look, I know you want to take this slow. I'm sorry if this scares you away, but, I just can't hide it anymore, babe. You mean everything to me. If you're not ready to say it, it's okay. I understand, you-"

"Bub, hey. I love you too." I interrupt, gently squeezing his hands.

"I know you're not there- what? You what?" Michael pauses, looking up at me from our hands.

"I- I love you." I tell him, a nervous smile on my face.

"Oh my god." He quickly says, pulling me close and slamming his lips to mine. I giggle in between kisses as Michael tells me how happy he is.

"Michael, bub!" I laugh, pulling away from him.

"I'm sorry. I just- I've been waiting to tell you for a while because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable." He says, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm really happy, Michael. I'm glad this worked out." I tell him, quickly pecking his lips.

He laughs, "Did you think it wouldn't?"

"I just mean because I was going through a lot! I thought at the beginning that I might fuck it up." I tell him, though that was only half the truth.

Yeah, at first I was worried about fucking it up because I was going through a lot. Michael thinks that I just mean my addiction, when really, there was a lot more than that. There was Luke. But that doesn't matter now. I have Michael, and I love him. Nobody else. Just Michael.

_______________________

hello thank u for reading. I'm gonna try to update every few days since I have a lot of stuff prewritten. we'll see how editing goes. luv u