I look down, scoffing, "Uh, obviously. Yeah. Obviously."

The second I avoid his gaze and scoff as if he's being ridiculous, he knows what he said can't be that ridiculous, "Kelsey Noelle Anderson, what the fuck is wrong with you!"

"Ashton!" I shriek, startled by his sudden outburst.

"How are you still into Luke!" He quietly exclaims, clearly not understanding at all.

"Ashton, listen to me-"

"How could you do this to Michael!"

"Look, I know he's your best friend, but I'm your best friend too! Please, just listen to me!" I beg, grabbing on this his shirt to try and hold him in place. I was desperate for him to calm down and just listen to what I have to say.

"What, Kelsey? He's going to be devastated!"

"I'm not in love with Luke anymore, Ashton! But I'm not necessarily over him!" I quietly scream at him, trying to make him understand that I'm not in love with Luke.

He takes a deep breath, looking me in the eyes, "Do you promise? You promise you're not in love with Luke? I know you've been through a lot, but I also really don't want Michael to get hurt."

"I know. Ashton, I promise. I only care about Michael. He's everything to me, please don't tell him anything that could ruin this for me." I plead, staring him down. 

He sighs, "I'm not going to say anything, come on. You know that. This just, this sucks. If I knew you still loved Luke I would've never supported you and Michael doing this. I would've told you both no."

"I'm not in love with Luke!"

"I didn't say that. You love him. You're not in love with him."

"Ashton, you have to understand part of me will always love Luke, no matter what. He was my everything. I fucking married him, for fucks sake!" I yell, starting to get too loud, risking Kyle and Nina hearing everything.

He sits down, his body relaxing, no longer so tense, "I don't want this to be how Kyle and Nina find out. Don't yell. It's fine. I get it, I guess. It just kinda sucks, you know?"

"Trust me. I know, Ashton. If Luke just signed the papers do you know how easy my life would be? I mean, I'd still love him, maybe. But things would be easier!"

Ashton nods, pulling me close to him, "I'm sorry. You both worry me so much. I love you both."

Quickly, I wrap my arms around him. Just being able to hug Ashton always made me feel better. That's also something else Ashton's amazing at.

"I think he's going to tell me tonight, and I don't know if I can say it back. What do I do?" I ask, now feeling a lot calmer than before.

Ashton sighs, "Kels, just be honest. He won't be upset. He's told me he understands you're moving really slow. He gets that you need time."

"I don't know. Anyways, he's taking me to some fancy, way too expensive restaurant we have no business being in. He won't tell me what's happening after."

"He's definitely going to say it."

I groan, "I know!"

Ashton chuckles, "Michael is your boyfriend, Kels. You shouldn't be upset that he's in love with you."

"I'm not upset! I'm just- I'm gonna go get ready. He's picking me up later." I tell him, standing up from where I was sitting on his bed.

"Okay, yeah. Come talk if you need."