forty two.

your pov

    I groaned, rubbing my eyelids from the sleep that swept me away. I rubbed my temple, trying to ignore the headache that was ringing in my ears. The weight of arms was across my stomach, looking to my right—I saw the familiar face.

    "But I need for you to know that I still want you."

    I shook my head, slowly taking his draping arms off of me. I stood up and looked at myself in the full-length mirror. My clothes are still intact, good. I breathed a sigh of relief.

    "I should get going," I whispered to myself—I had felt like I just had a one night stand. Leaving before he wakes up. I grabbed my phone that was placed on the nightstand, looking around and seeing nothing else that belonged to me.

    I exited his room, looking at the hallways—long hallways that seemed like I could get lost in. I picked my best guess and took a right turn, leading me to the stairway downstairs.

    "Don't leave," A groggy voice murmured. I looked up, finding a half-naked Jungkook. Luckily, not the bottom half. His hair had grown long and gotten fluffy—like he hadn't taken care of himself.

    "Why?" I asked, but one question didn't just mean 'why I should stay', I wanted more answers to other questions I had, as well

    "Why?" I asked, but one question didn't just mean 'why I should stay', I wanted more answers to other questions I had, as well. I wanted to know why he left, even though the answer was obvious, I wanted to hear it from him.

    "We need to talk." He rubbed his eyes, walking down the stairs and searching through the cabinet. He rolled a shirt onto himself, looking back at me.

    "About what, Jungkook?" I asked as he handed me Tylenol. Considering that I had somewhat of a hangover, I swallowed them dry.

    "Cut it out, Y/N. You know we have things to clear up but you're playing hard to get. I'm done playing, Y/N." Jungkook's voice deepened—we were only a few feet apart.

    "You don't remember anything from last night, do you?" He questioned. I shook my head, taking a sip of the coffee he had slid over the counter to me.

"First, you apparently bumped into me, saying 'hey stranger'. Yes, I heard that. You proceeded to walk off, but you snapped at me and started rambling about how I, 'ruined' your life. I took you home since you were too drunk and I think you know the rest," Jungkook finished.

"No, I don't know the rest." I crossed my arms.

He took a deep breath, "You told me about how you still loved me."

I shook my head as I looked down at my feet. "People say things when they're drunk, Jungkook. You don't know if I meant it." My voice trailed off.

"People say a drunk state is a sober mind." It's true, though. I know I meant every word, even though I don't remember what I had said at all.

  "What about when you told me you still wanted me?" I asked, hearing him mumble curses under his breath.