twenty one.

your pov

His lips captured mine as we moved in sync, my arms around his neck as he placed his arms around my waist.

It felt like heaven. No, it was heaven.

He gave one last tug of my lip before pulling away, his eyes still trained on mine. I noticed that his lips were just as swollen as how mine felt. I blushed, seeing how plump his lips were.

Jungkook's hands cupped my face, tilting my face up to look up at him directly.

"I have felt this way for a long time, Y/N. Every time you would do something, I fell for you harder—and I fell and fell until you stole my heart." I looked down, trying to prevent my blush but his hands wouldn't let me lose eye contact with him.

"You...you are someone I've been looking for—for my whole 18 years of living. You've stayed strong for times where you needed to, even if you were hurt inside. You mended my broken heart, and turned it to something beautiful." He said, holding my hands.

"I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want anything to destruct our friendship—so I held off asking for quite awhile. I didn't want to get the feeling of rejection, either." He didn't want to get hurt.

He sighs before continuing, "I know it might be too early for all of this and I'm not sure if you feel the same, but, when I'm with you I'm in utopia." He rambled on. He paused at my confused face, then he went straight for it.

    "What I'm trying to say is that, I love you, Y/N."

    I love you.

I froze up.

    "Y/N?" He called out.

    "Man, I should've known that it was too early, I'm sor-"

"I-I love you." I managed to stutter out of my mouth.

I have a small smile as my eyes glistened with tears, as did his. Jungkook's thumb stroked my cheek gently once more before he captured my lips into his.

My tongue moved in-sync with his as our tongues fought for dominance—which, he won.

It was getting heated, before I heard a voice clearing their throat and interrupted our moment. We both noticed, pulling away quickly as he shot me a quick wink. I shook my head and smiled, turning my head towards the door.

It was my doctor. How long was he standing there? Did he see our heated make-out session? I shuddered at the thought.

He shook his head, chuckling. "Good news, Y/N. Your recovery and tests are going better than we thought it would go, so you can get discharged within a week." I smiled, this sounded like music to my ears.

The bullet didn't hit any important arteries luckily, well obviously since you're very much alive right now. Just keep getting better and I'll see you tomorrow for the usual checkup." He nodded at me quickly before leaving the room and closing the door.

The Bangtan boys came to visit me in the hospital in the afternoon. Although I told Jungkook not to bother them too much, he didn't listen and called them up anyways.

    When they came in, Taehyung sprinted towards me first and hugged me. Jimin came in next and by the time everyone was in the room, I was surrounded in warmth and comfort with their arms around me.

     Jungkook told me that Jimin and Taehyung took it harder than the others—they stayed with Jungkook most of the time, too. I felt a special connection with all of them, like we could relate on so many levels.