forty.

your pov

I felt out of place. I've never felt so out of place in awhile. It was very uncomfortable in this dress, especially with all the bodies rubbing against me as I tried making my way through the crowd.

"We won't leave you, Y/N." Jimin reassured me as we stepped into the club.

Funny, because they left me to do who knows. I rubbed my hands together, feeling nervous and annoyed at the same time.

I need a drink.

I never really, drank. I promised myself to not drink a few years back, knowing that I don't want to get into an accident like my family had. I realized that was before I learned that it wasn't an accident—I really have every right to drink.

The promise I had kept for so long was broken after the truth revealed. The untold truth.

I can't really blame myself, can I? After losing everyone I had loved, I deserve to get wasted and for once not think about everything, I just want to block everything out.

"Give me your heaviest drink." I said as the bartender questioned what I had wanted.

He chuckled and nodded his head, grabbing a glass and working on his magic. "Having a bad night? Boyfriend leave ya?"

I scoffed, "All of the above." I responded. Boyfriend left when I needed him most. Could I really blame him, though?

The man nodded, understanding as he slid a shot glass in my direction. I didn't know give a care to ask what it was, so I just poured it down my throat. Cheers to me.

It tasted foreign, and it burned my throat—but I needed it. I need to get away from everything. "Another one of the same, please." I asked as I placed the shot glass down.

He shook his head, sliding it towards me after refilling. I took the shot and gulped it down as well, making the foreign taste go away.

He slid me another one, pointing to a man across from me. "This was from the gentleman over there." I looked up, seeing a man that looked the same age as I am across from me wave as he got up from his seat. He looked like he went to our school.

I looked away as I gulped it down as well. "Hey pretty lady." An unfamiliar voice spoke.

"I donn ttalk to s-strangers," I managed to slur out. My drunk phase seemed to have kicked in—making me slur on my words.

"Well, we don't have to be strangers if you wanna take it to my bed," he winked. I cringed and shook my head. I turned my head away from him as I fidgeted with the empty shot glass.

"Come on." He demanded as he gripped my arm harshly. My butt that was planted onto the seat got ripped off as he pulled me towards him.

Knowing that I could throw a hard punch, I raised my arm up—but a deep familiar voice had interrupted me. "Is he bothering you?" The arm grabbing man seemed intimidated as he straightened himself up when Taehyung spoke up. He slowly loosened the grip on my arm as he backed away slowly.

I didn't need to answer Taehyung as he probably saw the whole thing. "Leave." His voice barked. The man disappeared from my sight, probably leaving the club too. I wonder why Taehyung had intimidated him so much.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked, gently examining the arm that the guy had strongly gripped.

"I ammm errrfecto," I slurred. "Lesss go danceeeee Tae tae!" I quickly disregarded that moment as I grabbed his arm and lead him to the dance floor.