Teddy

On the beautiful soft white teddy were letters in a glittery pink 'welcome home Zahra' I swallowed, so hard my head began to spin and my mouth went dry.

I closed my eyes for a minute, I'm just hallucinating .When I open, those letters were clearer that ever 'Welcome home Zahra' Although it was just three words, which one was my name....it was the most confusing thing I have ever read in my while life.

It then hit me, 'Welcome home' it says. This means its a home for a certain Zahra, I'm zahra and it says welcome, Which means she's just coming....I hit my head with my hand dumbo don't get your hopes high.

Maybe it's for someone else, besides they barely know me. Even if he was my father, he won't know I was the Zahra that was coming with Haidar. Maybe he doesn't even know my name.

I don't know why but I'm just really really scared,I sit on the bed to breath a little. The chocolate looks tempting but the cards look even more tempting. Mine or not....girls ganna snoop.

There were 19 of them, each dated from the year I was born and each year later till I was 18years old and one for today. Coincidence? Well it didn't have days so....Maybe.

I opened the first one and read

'I won't get to see you when you are born, but I know it is around this time. Daddy will always love you, and I will find you in sha Allah. We will be reunited my daughter'

I opened the next, they were set in order of age, the first seemed oldest followed by the second and the next till the eighteenth.

' Happy birthday my Darling, its pathetic that I don't know you name or your birthday, or where you are. I'm sorry my daughter, daddy will always love you'

'You should have started saying a few words by now,I missed your first word and all those little moments. And when you say 'Dada' I Won't be there to answer it'

"You must have started school this year, I'm not there to walk you to school or make you breakfast. Study well and eat well. Daddy loves you"

I read all, now the 18th one

'Happy 18th birthday Zahra, I know your name now. I know where you live and I know what you look like. My beautiful princess, daddy's girl. I don't know if you know that I exist, if you do, I don't know what you were told about me. I want you to know one thing, I have and always will love you'

The last one

'If you are reading this, you're home. Welcome home Zahra, welcome my daughter... Welcome my Darling. Daddy has finally found you, All thanks to Haidar'

A lone tear escaped my eye, he really knows who I am. No confusion, no mistake,no questions. I run out of the room to find someone to tell this, I couldn't control my tears. I had falling apart in just minutes.

I bump into someone and drop the cards on my hand,without looking at who it was I bend to pick the letters up.

"Gosh, walk much?" A voice spoke and I looked up, I almost roll my eyes. But they were flowing with tears they won't move.

His eyes soften a bit when he noticed the tears on my face, he looked to the letters on my hand and his expression hardens

"You are going to be so hard to live with if you keep bumping into people like a blind dog" haroon spits

"You know?"

"The fact that you're my cousin? Yeah! And I'm far from happy about it"

I would have been mad or whatever but the feeling was overwhelming, I pulled him into a hug and cry into his chest. He froze at first, then relaxed, a little later he pushes me off.

" Stay arms length away from me" he barks, how rude!

I can't wait to see my Abba, I run down the stairs and find the young boy on the couch, I pull him up into a warm hug. He was quiet for a while but his question made me chuckle

"Are you ganna be an annoying sister?"

I pull away and smile "I've never had a sister before,its just me and haroon. So be nice okay" I nod

I can't believe he's my younger brother "What's your name?" I didn't even know his name

"It's Suleiman"

"Suleiman. Why don't I call you Man S?"

"Nah, Suleiman"

"Nope, we'll fine a nickname for you. Maybe later, you can call me whatever you want"

"Ya Zahra?"

"That's just fine" I smile at his cuteness. "Where's your mother?"

"She's in the kitchen"

"OK" I begin to walk but then I remember something, I don't know the way

"Umm....Man S-"

"From the dinning area, first door by the right" Haroon answered my unsaid question, I rush to the woman who was making dinner.

I enter with a salam, she responds and turns her full attention to me. "I- I don't even know what to say. You know too right?" I choke on tears

"Of course my Darling, Mama knows"

"Mama?"

"Yeah, that's what Sule and Haroon call me. We could pick something else if you want, Mom? Umma? Amma?"

"Can I hug you?"

She smiles and opens a hug "welcome home my daughter, I've long awaited your return"

Is this woman human? I'm he husbands daughter and she's talking to me like her precious child. No.... This is all a dream.

"Abba is back" Suleiman announces from the kitchen doorway and my heart drops. MY FATHER

****

HAIDAR'S POV

I sit at the edge of the bed and watch her rant away her time. Jamiama had been complaining about something for the past 5mimutes. She lost me at 'its so annoying...'

Believe me, you don't want to hear a pregnant woman nag *cringe* once they start, there is no stop button. I have been in and out of town the past 3months, we are currently 9months 12days and the baby will pop out anytime and I don't plan to miss it.

I will miss Jamiama with the baby bump, honestly she makes a really cute pregnant woman. The baby bump on her is soooo cute!

"Are you even listening?"

Uh-oh BUSTED!

"Sorry babe,I didn't catch the last part" actually, I didn't catch anything. I don't even know what the topic of discussion is.

"Umma said I should go home"

"For what?"

"To stay there till after I give birth"

"I think-"

*SPLASH*

"What the!...."

"MY WATER JUST BROKE!"

😱😱

In case you're wondering... I'm done with Zahra.

And woah, water just broke! We getting into labor💃😹💞

Comment,vote and share. Follow me y'all!