Daddy issues

Haidar

    Things are going to plan.
Zahra was out of the bathroom and on her bed, I walk in and give her a full on smile.

     "What's making you happy?" She asks curiously

     "Oh nothing, My ma just called to invite us all to a family lunch, tomorrow. I was thinking of announcing your pregnancy then, is that OK"

    "Umm...actually I wanted to tell my parents first. Why don't we wait a little, there's no rush"

     "Of course not. They'd be delighted to know they're having a grandchild, but its OK. No rush" I smile and make an exist. After thinking and rethinking...I decide on how to get the drug into her.

     A drink!

  I rushed to the kitchen and filled a cup with some apple juice and added a couple of sedatives. It was prescribed for me when I was having insomnia.

      I stir and take a sip, to make sure it tasted the same.
The there was no noticeable change in the taste or color,now all I need to do is make sure she drinks it.

     I knock softly on her door, once, twice there was no response. I was about to turn back when she opened with a cheerful smile.

    "Sorry I took long to let you in, I was in the bathroom. Come in and sit, its the first time you're coming to my room" she mumbles sadly

    "No, its not"

    "This afternoon was the first, but that was because of the fight"

   For a moment I feel guilty but images of the fight come flying into my brain and I muffle a laugh. I smiled softly "Well you can't blame me for not coming to see you" I spat

    "Haidar, please! Let's make peace before the baby is born"

   I resist the urge to roll my eyes and simply speak "Of course! for the baby's sake"

   "Really?" She asks in disbelief

    "Yeah. In fact, have my drink.... I was going to my room and decided to check on you so i got one glass but I'll get another glass. Have this one"

    Why didn't I just say I brought it for her? Well, she'd start having doubts and might end up not taking it. But if she believes that it was mine, and I'm giving it to her to make peace as she said....she'd take it whole hearted.

    "Thank you, that's very nice of you, but it's okay. I'm not thirsty, I'll get a cup later"

    I panic, I can't loose this opportunity "I'm not giving it to you,i'm giving it to my baby. Will you deny me my right to take care of it?" I question with mock hurt

    "Of course not" she gulps it done with a cheeky smile and wipes her mouth

     I get up abruptly "Well, see you the later" I plaster a wide grin and walk out the door.

**

    Jamaima

    "Ya mustapha please...." Mustapha is Mujaheed's friend and a doctor, I called him to ask for help. We can't just take her to the hospital unconscious and ask them to take a damn test. They'll be suspicious

    " You don't understand, Jamaima this is a crime. I could have my licences seized"

    "No one will know, please Ya musty" I beg with my  saddest most pitiful voice

    " Fine! I'm on my way. But if she takes you to court for drugging her.....leave me out of it"

    "She won't, I promise"