Meet the in-laws

Are you as excited as I am for dinner? If you're not hang in there I'm sure Haidar will make it worth while😉

Jamaima's POV
The first few days of our marriage passed in a blur,with Haidar and I playing an adult version of hide and seek. We barely talk and avoid each other most of the time.

Abbuu moved in yesterday, Umma insists on having an elderly woman to help me around the house.

Anyways tonight I'm going with Haidar to his Mothers' for dinner. Although she's my aunt it never passed that, so today I go as her daughter in-law not niece. I have to go get ready,after a quick shower.

Haidar's POV

It's almost 8pm,I hope jamaima is ready. We are going to be really late for dinner if she's not....I need to go check up on her.

Knock! Knock! Silence.
Salam! Silence.

I cracked open the door a little but she wasn't in view, I opened it fully and walked in. I haven't been in this room since she arrived. The light were dimmed but I could still see clearly....the neatly done bed, tempting.

I walked over sitting at the edge of the bed. It was comfy and inviting, consumed by her smell,I snuggled into the sheets. It was relaxing like a warm hug.

A cracking sound of an opening door snapped me out of my trance. She walked out of the bathroom in a mid-thigh towel, Showing off her silky smooth fair skin, her wet, thick, long hair stuck to her like glue. She was a sight for sore eyes.

Jamaima's POV

I turned on the light to its full brightness. My eyes widened as they made four with deep brown ones. Why the hell was he here,on my bed. I gulped, just as I was about to scream he stopped me.

"Shush! don't scream I'll leave" he said as quickly as he walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We just arrived at Haidar's parents' house....urgh! at my in-laws house.

His father, my uncle, Alhaji Abbas, his stunning mother Hajiya Fadila and his siblings Yusuf and Nadia welcomed us.

Yusuf his younger brother is some years older than me and Nadia a year older, she is 18.

He had the whole 'big brother' act since we got here. His mother oh...she was just breath taking. With her beauty plus personality,I doubt that devil is her son. I still can't believe he saw me in towel, Urgh!....

Nadia was just as warm as her mother with a hint of humor. Yusuf was clearly a dramatic-full of humor-kinda guy.

"Ohh... I'm so glad you made it, for a second there I thought you wouldn't come" Aunty fadila said once we were at the dining table.

"That being said what took you so long?" Yusuf asked suspiciously, earning him a death glare from his brother.

"I'm sorry....It was my fault. I took too long to get ready" I answered his question feeling a bit guilty.

"Its fine...you look absolutely breath taking" Nadia complimented.

I smiled shyly, mumbling "Thank you"

"Haidar, you are a really lucky man" Uncle Abbas said smiling proudly at his son. Awwn! What a sweet man. I wonder where Haidar got his big ego from, his family is so down to earth.
"Nadia, get more plates" Aunty fadila ordered.

"let me help you" I offered getting up.

"Nadia sit! I'll go with her" He just had to ruin a perfect bonding opportunity. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the kitchen. I heard His mother and Nadia giggling.

"Why can't you leave me alone" I snapped once in the kitchen.

"What? Can't I be with my wife now?" He asked huskily closing the gap between us, now we were barely 2inches between our faces.

Gush! Why is he doing this?

I bit down on my lips nervously, like seeing me in a towel isn't enough now he's pinning me to the kitchen counter.... at his mother's house!

"Don't do that"

"Huh?"

"Don't bite you lips like that!" he said placing his finger and pulling my lip from in between my teeth. He's thumb stroking my assaulted lip...sending chills through me.."don't do that again....."

   (Someone clears their throat) jolting us back to reality. We jerked away from each other immediately.

"Enough goofing around, i'll get the plates, Abba needs a drink. There's apple juice in the pantry" Yusuf teased with a wide grin plastered on his face.

    Haidar hissed and went into the pantry, like a little duckling I followed.

I got the apple juice but when I turned Haidar was really close to me....too close I could feel his breath fanning my face. My breath hitched in my throat. "H-Haidar...." I stuttered "shush" he said placing his finger over my lips " but...."
"Shush" will he stop doing that! He grasped my waist pulling me closer, his thumb caressing my lower lip ......He held my eyes as his lips brushed mine. MY FIRST KISS! I squealed making him smile against my lips. My knees buckled underneath me. I was stunned.

His lips were soft and sweet. Just as I was giving in to the moment, he broke the kiss. His breath ragged matching mine.

"Utter a word about this to anyone..... and you're toast" he breathed his words and left. WHAT THE HELL! I scoff even though he was already gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well that took you long enough" Yusuf sniggered with amused eyes. " well actually...... " I was cut off ...

"Let's just eat, enough of the chit chat for now.." Abba said sternly.

Thank God, I don't know what I was ganna say anyways

Dinner was really awkward but we made it through.

"Why don't I give you a tour around the house" Nadia offered.

"No! We are leaving now" Haidar answered before I could.

"Oh no, no way. Its already 12am you are going nowhere" Hajiya fadila said appearing in front of us.

"But momma...."haidar was cut off

"You are staying and that's final" she said with an authoritative voice.

I'm actually kind of glad,I don't think I can survive the ride home with Haidar.

What do you think would have happened if they'd gone home tonight......well lets find out what happens now that they're here.
Comment, vote and share💋