Off to Shanghai

Jamaima's POV

   Its been two days since the kitchen fight between Haidar and I. We got back home after lunch that day.

    Nadia kept asking what was wrong, what Haidar said, what he did. All she got was silence, I just couldn't bring myself to talk about it.

     Haidar and I haven't spoken ever since. I hope it remains that way, I can't do all this anymore. He makes my life a living hell just by the sight of him. I detest him and I loath inna everyday for making me marry him.

      He should be leaving for Shanghai in 3hours. These 3hours feels like an eternity, I can't wait for him to go.

       Thank God for school I don't have to go with him. Abba actually suggested I study there since I am yet to start, but Haidar said it would be better to wait till he settles.

    He's been in Shanghai for 5years STUDYING  he just started his own company less than 6 months ago.

    I'm really glad I don't have to go, there's only so much of him I can tolerate.

   Haidar's POV

   I just finished packing my bags for the trip, I leave in 3hours. My flight is at 5pm, I just have to drop jamaima off at her parents' then go to the airport. But first we are going to my parents.

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Good afternoon Mà" I greeted my mother as we settled on the sofa beside her.

   "Good afternoon dear.... Jamaima,my darling come give mama a hug" I pouted but Mà ignored me

    She walked over into my mother's open arms soaking up all the warmth she hand to offer

   "Oh, I'll miss you my darling. When shall you return?" My mother asked her.

    She pulled away from her "I'll be in town Mà, I'll come see you whenever you ask me to"

    "What? you'll be in town. Why? You didn't want to go study there because he claims 'unsettled' with running the new company. But no one said anything about not going with your husband before school starts" Mà whines with knitted eyebrows

    "But Mà I'll be leaving soon and she doesn't even have a vista or plane tickets" I taunted

    "You will leave today,start preparing to receive your wife for she will come!" Mother ordered "but..."she cut me off

    "Not another word from you young man. And you.. Prepare you bags and go home immediately, you will stay there for the next two days while necessary preparations are being made. I will not have you stay alone UNDERSTOOD?"

     She looked up at me with pleading eyes,like asking me to do something then quietly nodded her head when I turned away.

     Urgh! This woman will be the death of me. "I'll give you two some privacy, I know its just two days but newlyweds are usually fund of each other....every second counts" mother said giving us a cheeky smile before departing.

    "You know I don't want to go...so don't flatter yourself that I didn't say NO. I just can't defy your mother" like I wanted her to come anyways. I rolled my eyes and got up ignoring her comment.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamaima's POV

      The two days I stayed at my house Maryam and Salma stayed with me. I told them I'll be back in two weeks but they insisted on clinging to me like I was departing  planet earth.

    "I like the taste of this one better that the one I took before,why don't you try it?"I asked my friends as I  Chung down a cup of brown thingy my mom gave me, it taste sweet like syrup.

   "No thanks, that stuff is not for unmarried people" salma said shaking her head

   "Huh?"

    "What she means is ...that stuff makes you horny AF and it also tightens you down there" Maryam answers for her.