Understanding

Haidar

Jamaima has been at her mothers' for two days now. After she woke from her blackout, she said she wanted to be with her mother. Who am I to stop her......

I just hope she doesn't say anything till she listens to what I have to say....but she doesn't answer my calls, she doesn't read my messages.... Nothing at all is working.

I have to go see her but I'm worried she'd start shouting and crying again.

But its now or never, I suck up and grab the car keys...I rush down the stairs to the living room. My brother was on the dinning table eating lunch. he's always here this days...

"Why are you here?" I ask while putting on a pair of shoes at the door.

" Um...haven't ya noticed? I'm always here" he said like 'duh'

" That's my point"

" Well, the day you and jamaima had a fight....She told me to stay with you when she was running out the door. So here I am" he shrug

I can't believe she cares about me even when she's mad.

I smile to myself and walk to my car. I drive in an overwhelming silent and decide to play the Qur'an to help calm my nerves.

I take in the beautiful recitation by Abdulrahman As' Sudais.

**
"Did jamaima know you were coming? Cause she forgot to tell me. I could have had something special prepared for you" Umma spoke with her usual warmth. That means she's unaware...jamaima didn't say anything, Thank God.

" No, I was just passing by and I wanted to check up on her. Its no problem "

She sighs " Haidar its okay for couples to have misunderstandings. I know you're trying to make all this work, you two were forced into this marriage. I understand but you can't go sending her home anytime you beaker, its part of marriage " she lectures

I just look at her in complete silence for a minute then I nod " of course , we'll work it out"

"Good, I'll get her for you" she says and walks up the stairs to 'get her for me'

I wait for over an hour but she doesn't come so I go up. I walk into her room to quiet sobs "tell him I won't come, Umma" she whispers. She thought it was her mother

I walk closer and lay beside her on the king sized bed, she turns and looks at me in confusion

"Why are you here you freak! Leave..." she yells

"Enough! Enough of this jamaima. I'm dying here, you need to listen"

"Listen?" She laughs humorlessly "...Haidar, there is no excuse for getting a 'friend' pregnant" she says putting air quotes on 'friend'

"But you have to listen to understand" she rolls her eyes then chuckles " I'm really stupid, I actually thought you meant it when you said you loved me. But boy am I wrong "

"Jamaima I do" I explain

"Of course, and to prove it you get someone else pregnant. Gosh! Do you really hate me so much? Is this because this marriage wasn't your choice? Is it because I wasn't your choice? So you got you girlfriend pregnant to prove a point?.... I thought you were a decent man " she shakes her head "Nah...you just like all of them, Pathetic. I'm just delusional" she hisses

Her words burn like molten magma. My blood was boiling, My head throbbing.

My eyes sting and I try so hard to keep the tears at bay. I'm a man and men don't sit around and whimper....they stand up for themselves and they say what has to be said.

" As much as I want to go about the whole fucking story....I'm going straight to the point. She fucking drugged me and then she rapped me, and rape isn't only traumatising to women. Even men are traumatized by it" I say it all in one breath and she freezes like an ice block.

It breaks my heart to see her like this but it was eating me up and I had to tell her

I know she's in shook but she has to say something " talk to me" I whisper

She begins to cry "I'm a terrible wife. How could I let her do this to you..." Wait. She believes me? Just like that? And what does she mean 'let her do this to me?' I'm a man and can protect myself.

" All I care about is that you believe me..."

" Why wouldn't I? I've seen what kind of a woman she is. I know what she's capable of, I'm sorry I doubted you.... "

"Are you kidding? I'm really happy you trust me!"

She keeps quiet for a while

"I believe you, but not everyone will"..

" I know...but we'll just wait till she does something else. Maybe She'll just abort the baby to hurt me"

" Abort? This is her best chance at getting you and she's ganna use it. But the problem is how? Will she tell your father so he'll make you Marry her or will she threaten you to marry her or she'll tarnish you reputation?"

" Whatever it is. I'm not falling for it, she might as well crawl back to the hell she crawled out of"

I totally agree.

My writing is short cause I'm a really lazy person. I hate typing....When I get someone to do it for me, then I'll start writing long chapters. And that won't be any time soon.

Comment if you're lazy🙄
With true love comes trust🌹❤

NEXT!📓