PART 51: | A HIDEOUT IN THE WOODS |

Start from the beginning

- "Yeah, well, word on the streets - and, by streets, I mean Josh - is that you've gone totally MIA. Seriously, are you okay? Where are you?" Cami replies.

- "I'm fine. I'll be back soon, I promise. And.. thanks for calling. It's good to hear your voice." Davina assures her that she's okay before she hung up.

- Davina? Davina? Cami says, she sighs and checks her phone to see that the call has disconnected. Understandably, Cami seems almost appalled that Davina would just hang up on her without giving her any deets into what's been going on in her life.

- Behind her, Klaus stands smirking and gets her attention by calling out, "Well, that was rather rude!" Cami turns quickly and gapes at him completely speechless, which makes him smirk in amusement, "Well, it's a pleasure to see you, too, Camille!" he adds.

- Cami finally manages to find her voice and wastes no time calling him out for ignoring her for months, "Don't.. Don't do that crooked-smile thing, okay? I haven't seen you for months, and now you're.. appearing out of the blue? What do you want?"

- When she asks what he wants, he gets right to the point, "Well, I have a rather long list of people I need to track down and deal with and at the top of that list is a certain runaway witch."

- "Maybe she just doesn't want to be found." Cami tells him.

- "And for good reason. Had I magically freed the insane, vampire-hunting father of my sworn enemy, I'd be hiding too!" Klaus told her.

- Cami is stunned to hear this news, "Wait, what?"

- Klaus just raises his eyebrows, "Oh, haven't you heard? Mikael the Destroyer is back! And, by all accounts, under the complete control of your little friend, Davina."

- Cami immediately starts to worry about Davina's safety, "Well, you heard her, clearly. She didn't say where she was!"

- "Oh, on the contrary, love. You just had to know how to listen." Klaus told her and explained that he used his hybrid senses, "For instance, I heard cicadas and I heard tans, but the real giveaway was the church bells. Did you know Davina's family owns a little cabin in Terrebonne Parish? It's been abandoned for years! But, a brief glimpse at a map showed its just a mile from the loveliest little chapel."

- Cami sighs knowing where he's going with this, "So, what's the plan?"

- "Well, the way I see it if Davina wants to use Mikael to kill me, we just have two options. One, you reason with her. Two? Well, I don't think you'd like two very much." Klaus gives her the opportunity to sway Davina to their side before he resorts to his usual means of dealing with enemies.

- Cami considers it for a moment and since she's not an idiot, she realizes that Davina's best chance at survival is if she tags along, so she sighs and reluctantly agrees to come with him, "Fine. Let's go."

Then the two of them begin to walk down the street and head off to Davina's cabin.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

Natali was using Kol's blood to locate Mikael and after a few attempts, she managed to find him. When they've called Klaus to tell him he wasn't picking up his phone so they decided to go there without him.

Meanwhile, Klaus has just arrived to the cabin. He walks up onto the porch to peek through the windows, though he can't see anything. Then he walks across the porch and looks into another window, but also can't see anything. He feels a gush of wind behind him and turns around just to see that Kol and Natali have arrived.

- "Is she here?" Klaus asks them, already guessing what their answer will be.

- "Oh yes, she is." Natali replied, "I feel the magic, a cloaking spell in fact and she is not alone."