An interesting day

YN was sitting on his throne in one of the castles that he owned. He wasn't in the capitol due to the fact that he was touring the empire making sure everything and everyone was in order. He was wearing his casual court outfit on the day he held court for a group of peasants.

YN's casual court outfit

YN wanted to get their opinion on how they were doing and how their lives were.
When YN was sitting on his throne with the group of peasants. Suddenly a little girl no more than eight years old ran towards YN and hugged his leg.

 Suddenly a little girl no more than eight years old ran towards YN and hugged his leg

Girl: (with tears in her eyes) Thank you.

YN: What do you mean?

Girl: I now don't go to bed hungry, my clothes don't have holes in them, and we can now heat our house in the winter.

YN: You're welcome.

YN picks up the little girl and places her on his knee.

Girl: I was going to write a letter to thank you, but when I heard that you were visiting my town I just had to come and thank you in person.

YN: What is your name?

Maria: Maria your majesty. Your clothes are real nice.

The girls parents then rush to the front of the peasants.

Mother: Your majesty, we are so sorry for the actions of our daughter.

YN: Don't be, if your daughter hadn't done that I wouldn't have gotten an honest opinion of what is going on.

The mother and father, along with the peasants and the Imperial guards are all shocked by the fact that the emperor, the most powerful man in the world, the man who could command everyone in the room to fall on their swords and they would do it, is just calmly speaking to a child that he hasn't known for more than three minutes.

YN: Thanks for your complement. That is a very pretty dress you have. Where did you get it?

Maria: My mommy made it for me.

YN: Your mommy is very talented, isn't she.

Maria: She is, she also knows how to make the perfect waffles.

YN just chuckled at this.

Maria then got off of his knee but before she went back to her parents YN took something from his pocket and he handed it to the Maria.
Her eyes lit up with excitement as she saw a ring nestled in the palm of her hand

Maria then turned around and did something nobody expected or would even dare or doing

Maria then turned around and did something nobody expected or would even dare or doing. She kissed YN on the cheek.
YN just looked at the little girl and then he patted her on the head.

YN: You are precious. (In head) It's a shame that she'll probably never be more than a number on a sheet of paper to the state.

Maria: Thank you for the gift your majesty.

YN then walked her back to her parents and he then told them how proud they should be that they are raising a loyal citizen.

YN then leaves his throne room and the peasants are dismissed. YN then called Weiss.

YN: Hey sweetheart, how are you doing?

Weiss: I'm doing well. how is your tour going?

YN: I met a little girl today.

Weiss: And, should I call the ISB or not?

AN: ISB or Imperial Security Beuro. The equivalent of our FBI.

YN: No no no, it wasn't like that.

Weiss: Then how was it?

YN: I was asking the peasants what they thought of the new edicts and imperial rule were effecting them.

Weiss: And?

YN: This little girl ran towards me and she hugged my leg with tears in her eyes. She thanked me because her quality of life had increased. She has to be the cutest little thing. I gave her a ring and you know what she did?

Weiss: What?

YN: She gave me a little kiss on the cheek.
Her parents were frightened to death, they thought that I might be angry. I told them not to worry and that they did a good job raising their daughter to be a loyal citizen.

Weiss: How typically you.

YN: What do you mean?

Weiss: You've always had a soft spot for children. Everything from entertaining the little girl who just ran up to you out of the blue, to giving her a ring as a gift.

YN: The ring was just a small token of my affection, it also looks good in the media.

Weiss: You are aware that that ring was probably worth more than what their car is worth.

YN: I know, don't you just love the peasantry.