Emily as the General Secretary for the Interior?

Faunus Beurocrat: Are you really sure that Emily is the best choice for the job?

Faunus Beurocrat 2: I don't know but I have heard that she is one of the most efficient civil servants out there.

Faunus Beurocrat: Come to think of It why didn't Sean take the job?

Faunus Beurocrat 2: I think that it is just nepotism and he wanted a family member in a position of power.

At that moment two commissars burst through the door and arrest the second faunus.

Commissar: You are under arrest for speaking out against the state.

Faunus Beurocrat: Soo I guess that you won't be going to the pub tonight.

Timeskip to the palace of Menagerie

Blake: Sean, Why the hell are you ordering the arrest of anyone who speaks out against the state?

Sean: Do you want an effective central government and state control or not?

Blake: I guess so, but can you do it without arresting a sixth of the population?

Sean: I'll see what I can do.

Blake: So when will I meet your sister?

Sean: she should be coming in a day or two.

Blake: I am eager to meet her again.

Time skip a day or two

Sean is sitting in his office

Sean: The heat is insufferable. (He turns on his desk fan) This piece of crap doesn't even work!
(Sean then throws the desk fan out of the window.)

There is a knock at the door

Sean: Who is it?

Emily: Your sister.

Sean Come in.

Emily

Sean: I see you factored the heat when you were packing.

Emily: And you obviously didn't.

Sean is still wearing his staff uniform.

Sean: I thought it would be for just a day or two. It turns out that the hot season is a nightmare!

Emily: Yeah it is.

Sean: So Blake wanted to meet you as soon as you came so I'll call her and we'll head over to her office.

Sean calls Blake and they head over.

Sean: Blake you remember my sister Emily.

Blake: Ahh Emily it is so nice to see you after all this time. How have you been?

Emily: I have been doing well. I am uncertain of what the position you are appointing me to will entail.

Blake: It is an administrative role in which you will oversee the national council and appoint new members, since your brother shot the old members.

Emily angrily stares at Sean.

Sean: Hey you said you wanted to stay off with a blank slate, I just carried out those actions as I interpreted them.

Emily: Talking to you is like talking to father.

Sean: We are both intelligent and efficient.

Emily: But you both have the subtlety of a air horn and gentleness of a scorpion.

Sean: And you are just like mother in the sense that you are both Machiavellian.

Emily: If you keep that up you'll see how Machiavellian I can be.

Emily is sitting in the meeting hall with Sean, Blake and half a dozen other local beurocrats and commissars.

Emily: First order of business, I propose that the offices of Secretary of the Army, Secretary of the Navy, Secretary of the Air Force, and Secretary of the Secret police will be combined into the office of Secretary for national security.
All in favor?

Sean raises his hand and not knowing what to do Blake raises her hand. Then one by one the rest of the council members raise their hands.

Emily: passed unanimously.

Second order of business, I propose that councilor Sean be promoted to Secretary for national security.
All in favor?

Emily raises her hand as do Sean and Blake three other councilors raise their hands.

The remaining three say that it is an attempt to centralize power.

Sean: Your offices have been disbanded, your seats on the council are no longer relevant.

Emily: Passed unanimously.
Meeting adjourned.

Then at Emily's order commissars then proceed to drag the three beurocrats who voted against them and then ship them to a jail.

Sean: I guess you are Machiavellian.

Emily: Told you so.