He was trying to look out for me because I was not the best at it myself.

"He's not Danny," I grumbled.

"Whatever you say, love." She squeezed my arm. "Well, if you aren't going to go with our little singer boy, can I?"

My jaw dropped. "Isabelle! Seriously?"

"What?" She sounded horrified. "What's the big deal? You could care less. I still have a dumbass to get over. Adam could certainly help . . ."

She smirked at him, but he was too busy talking to the bartender to notice.

"We don't even know this guy," I reminded her. "What if he has HIV or syphilis or something?"

"You worry too much, Loca."

I bristled at the nickname. "I'm trying to protect you. What if he hurts you, Isabelle?"

"Then I'll bite his dick off," she said flatly. At my doubtful look, her eyes sharpened. "I know what I'm doing. Honestly, you can just go home."

She never brushed me off like this. I couldn't lie; it stung hearing her talk like this. Like she didn't care about her safety or my hesitations around this guy.

"Isabelle, please. Just come back with me—"

She slid off her stool and brushed past me. I sighed.

She stormed over to Adam, grabbed his arm, and jerked him around to face her.

His eyes were wide while he processed what was happening. He appeared startled by Isabelle's roughness.

She looked him in the eyes before leaning in and sticking her tongue in his mouth. He relaxed into her, returning the gesture excitedly.

I turned away, rolling my eyes. I tried to talk some sense into her but she was doing her own thing.

Crawling back onto a bar stool, I flagged the bartender down and asked for the receipt for my drinks and Isabelle's.

While I waited, I risked a glance over my shoulder and saw them engaged in a full-on make-out session. Adam had his hands on her ass while she slurped on his face like a milkshake.

I wasn't sure what had come over her. This felt like some weird way to get back at me, though I had no idea what I'd done.

I'd gone on that stupid blind date for her. This was the last treatment I deserved after that shit show.

Once the bartender brought me the receipt, I paid for our drinks and collected my purse. I climbed off my stool and walked over to where they were still all over each other.

My finger poked her firmly on the shoulder until she unglued her mouth from Adam's face. Her face still held that bitter expression from moments prior.

I understood then that this had nothing to do with this guy. She just didn't want to be told what to do. Her mind was already made, already set against anything I had to say.

"Are you leaving?" she asked.

"Yes," I said. Even though I believed it would be futile, I couldn't help but make one last attempt. "Please come with me, Iz. I paid for our drinks. We can just walk out of here. No regrets."