CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Zayyed.

Taking my keys off the counter,i left home for work pretty earlier than usual.

Hanina is scared,c'mon anyone in her shoes would be.

It's her mom we're talking about here,she looks up to her.

Heck we all look up to our mom's,i know how it feels to lose someone close to you.

What i experienced,i don't want her to.i don't want anyone to.

But there's nothing we can do,we are surrounded by death,we just seem to act like ignorant,until death knocks on our door.

Until it takes someone very close away from us.

Death!

Just the name itself gives me chills.

One of my arabic teacher mallam farouk once called me and a boy kasimu to his office after we fought because he called my dad a thief.

work was hard for abba then,he got framed for theft and everybody in our neighborhood heard,in school everyone would throw snarky comments and point fingers at me, calling my dad a thief.

I was depressed then,I was like a walking ticking bomb,any small issue and I'd blow off,and fight.

Life confronts you with quite some challenges. It throws curveballs at you and drags you down. In fact, life can sometimes be so nasty that you simply don't feel like getting back up to continue fighting for your dreams,but iman(faith) zayd,it gets you moving, your Lord would never leave you in your time of need,this is all a test,it shall come to pass,he told me,after dismissing me,he dragged kasimu by his ear to the principals office.

I pondered for days, about what he meant, but I finally got it, when dad won the case and was proved innocent.

No matter what life throws at you, at the end Allah is always with you.

Sometimes when people insult you,your only option is to leave it for the almighty to deal with.

I want to do anything i can to please my rabb.

One thing is for sure i care about her and am going to do anything in my power to help her mother,i believe if she's meant to live she'll live.

I pray to Allah S,W,T , she lives i can't begin to fanthom how one would live without his mother.

Her warm embrace, soothing words and kind heart.

All mother's are angels.

They go through hell for their kids.

Why can't we do the same for them?.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"What is wrong with you man?,c'mon I've been blabbing for like thirty minutes now and your mind is elsewhere!"hassan groaned in annoyance,yanking me out of my thoughts.

"Yes,cus you're always talking about the woman you want to marry,and its getting tiring wallah".

i replied shrugging my shoulder.

He only rolled his eyes and went on.

"How's ammi?"i asked out of the blue.

Ammi his mother.

"Wha.. at?he spluttered his eyes widening.

"Can't i ask?,c'mon she's your mom"

"She's fine zay,you haven't been to our house in a long time,why don't you go greet her yourself".

"You know i can't!"

"Oh and why is that?Mr oh so mighty!"

He questioned raising his eyebrow at me.