NINE

Hanina

"Ya Hanina ina kwana(good morning)juwy said as she slowly sat down on the couch next to me.

"Lafiya lau" I replied scanning her face, she has dark circles under her eyes.

"What's wrong with you? are you sick, is something wrong?" I questioned palming her cheeks with my wet hands.

"Ouch your hand is cold, and yeah am okay" she replied rolling her eyes.

"Okay, but if something is wrong with you, you'll tell me right? I asked.

"Of course I will" she replied.

Smiling I turned my attention to the laptop and continued reading the emails, this days I have so much work to do.

2hrs later.

I Hanina Adamu anka, find myself in bed all sweaty and in pain due to menstrual cramps, being a lady is not easy.

Having to go through this pain every month is not easy, but mama said giving birth is more painful.

Women try,we go through so much pain ,and some men don't even appreciate it,the only thing worth giving birth is that we get to hold our little bundle of joy at the end,it is said that it is during that time that a mother completely forgets all..the pain she's been through.

I would've loved to hold mine too,but unfortunately am not getting married.

I dont want my child to go through what I went through ,having to grow up even before I grew up,having to choose between the man I once saw as my hero and the woman who always took care of me .

alhamdulillah na gode ma Allah(i thank God)i made the right decision.

"Ya Hanina, take this"juwy said handing me some painkillers.

"What is this?" I asked giving her a flat look.

"It will help joor" she replied rolling her eyes.

Swallowing the pills, I lay back down and sighed.

"Sorry Koh, I know how it feels, amma Keh ma you are not strong" she stated.

"See you oh, don't try me joor , when did you start seeing your period!,I know how it feels I mimicked glaring at her slightly.

" when I was two"she replied sarcastically.

Just then another pain shot right through my lower abdomen.

"Ugh this sucks!" I groaned dragging a pillow and laying on it.

"Sorry oh" juwy said,I totally forgot about her presence in the room.

"Keh come and hit my waist" I ordered.

Mumbling under her breath she stalked towards me and started hitting my waist angrily.

"Ouch..ouch keh are you stupid,do it slowly abeg".

" hani dear how's the cramps ?"mom questioned as she got into the room with a black nylon in her hand.

"Horrible but am still alive" I mumbled as juwy continued hitting it I felt the pain start to subside.

"Allah sarki,my baby is in pain,compared to giving birth,this,hani is a child's play" mom said patting my head slowly.

"If that's the case,then I don't wanna marry" I stated glumly.

"Kina hauka(you're crazy)she hissed hitting me on the head.

" ouch am the patient here" this woman just loves getting physical.

"Juwairiya go and cook pasta,keh kuma get your lazy ass of the bed and take your bathe,you stink". Mom ordered kicking me out of bed.