TWELVE

"never stress about what you can't control,and never worry about what isn't yours.
Because Allah knows what's best for you".

Zayyed.

Smirking i got down from the car,we just got back from the trip and oh was it successful.

"My baby!"mom exclaimed as she excitedly wrapped her arms around me in a warm hug.

I miss this.

"Ina wuni umma"(good evening ma)i greeted,as i kissed her forehead.

"Shave your beards,just two weeks without me,and you look like a caveman,all hairy and big".

I sighed inwardly as we made our way inside.

Inhaling my mom's favourite bakhoor.

where dad was fixing his wrist watch,i just realised mom is also dressed in a red cord lace that complimented her skin.

"Za ku fita ne(are you going out?)"i questioned as the maid took my luggage to my room.

"Abba ina yini(good evening)i greeted squatting down a little.

"Lafiya lau,yes we are going to your cousin habibu's gaisuwa(alliance),then your mom wants to have a chit chat with khadija",habibu's mother.

Habibu's mother is abba's(dads)younger sister she got married at the age of nineteen ,habib is her only son,alhaji yusuf died when habib was twenty three,it was devastating.

Something i never wished upon my family,and yet it is inevitable.

Dad has been a fatherly figure ever since and now with the aid of my other uncle's he was going to help seek for habibu's girlfriends hand in marriage,they've been together since uni, Year two i think.

"Toh ku dawo lafiya(be safe)".

"Mhm"dad grunted as he clasped his hand tighyly around mom's and let her out of the room.

"And oh zayyu your food... Qasim barin in ba shi abinci mana(let me feed him)"mom pleaded with dad as she attempted to turn back .

"Who fed him when he studied abroad a ?, koh kurwan ki na zuwa wurin da dare neh(or does your spirit go there at night)dad questioned as he continued dragging mom out of the house.

"A'a but..."

"No buts let's just go and get that boy his wife unlike other's he's willing to settle down,if zayyed wants to be fed by a woman,he should get his own wife".

Frowning i made my way to my room to freshen up.
_______________________________________________
I came out of the gym all sweaty and bothered.

"Woah bro what happened?"hassan asked immediately i stepped foot into my room.

"A ina(where?) haven't you seen a guy all sweaty after workout before?"i questioned raising my eyebrow as i looked at him with annoyance.

"You know what i mean stop acting smart"

"I don't,elaborate please".

"You only work out when you're stressed".

"Meh ya kawo ka?"(what brings you here?) i questioned ignoring what he just said.

"I want you,me nina and ayman to go for bowling...."

"I...."

"Let me complete my sentence"he snapped cutting me off.

"Its been long since we went,and i also want you to tell her the reason why you've been a jerk to her this couple of weeks".

"I don't have to tell her anything"i countered as i threw the towel i was just dabbing on my face on his face.