THIRTEEN

Hanina

What is wrong with me,why am i happy that he apologized for not calling or keeping in touch?,am not supposed to be feeling this giddy,but i am.

I feel extremely happy.

He's just a friend.

Am supposed to be happy i reconciled with a friend.right?

What did he mean by he likes me and will like to take it to the next level?.

What level?

Is there a level in friendship that i hanina adamu anka doesn't know of?

Na shigesu(am done for)i hope he's not talking about marriage,cus i don't wanna get married,even if he is the total package.

Haha he wouldn't even talk about marriage,for God's sake i don't wanna get married.

Breath in,breath out.

"The wheels in your head are turning again!"juwy stated giving me a pointed look.

Apparently we are having a girls night,juwy is having a girls night since my mind is elsewhere.

"Wani wheels(what wheels)?.

"Me keh damun ki(what's wrong with you)?, tell me".

And that is how i found myself telling my seventeen year old sister about my stupid thoughts.

"So what you are trying to say is...you like him but just as a friend?.

'mhm'i replied nodding my head.

Then she burst out laughing.

"This is the reason why i don't like talking to you again,you'll be stupidly laughing,can't you see that am doomed!?.

"Your face!"she replied still giggling.

"What. happened to my.face? I Hissed gritting my teeth in annoyance.

"You're doing it somehow" she said shrugging her shoulders.

"Am doing my face somehow?"

"Abeg you're twisting your face,and i know why!".

"Why?".

I hope to my Allah this girl won't say something stupid again.

"You like him!.

"Ofcourse i do".

"Toh what's holding you back?marry him before hajiya kaka and baba will look for agbero(thug)for you".

"Hah they wouldn't". i gasped turning my attention to her.

"Oh i bet they will,that woman doesn't have your best interest at heart"she replied shrugging her shoulder.

"I don't want to marry,nothing hajia kaka does or says will make me".

"So tell me about the zayyed guy"

"He's handsome oh my Allah his sideburns are to die for,he's hot azin ehn he spells the 'H' in hot,kuma he's sensible and religious,totally husband material".

"Ouuu someone has a crush"giggling she raised her eyebrow at me .

"Oh shut up,am stating the fact"

"Anyways tomorrow am taking mama for her sugar test,that woman can be so stubborn sometimes ehn"i stated changing the subject.

"Yeah do that please,the other day i opened her purse,guess what i saw?..... sweets,like plenty of them,i stole all,i left only one for her,i bet her sugar level ya karu(is high).