Chapter 29: The Pack Ceremony

Emily

Life was too simple. After fighting Declan, Harmony, and overcoming Noah's darkness, I was beyond tired. I was happy that the darkness was gone and Harmony seemed back to normal. I didn't necessarily trust her completely as I had before, but Noah did. I was doing it for Noah, when I really wanted to run. Far away. I wanted to protect this baby and myself. I couldn't leave Noah. I loved him. He was and will always be my mate. Which brings me now, standing in front of Haylee trying to make sense of this stupid pack ritual that we have to do before we can be married.

Noah overcame his darkness so we can do this. Right?

"So let me get this straight? I have to become a pack member at this ceremony, then we get married, then I become Luna?" I asked Haylee. She helped me into my ceremony dress. It was plain white with beading on the straps. It was snug across my belly, which as estimated was three months along. Could be this month or next. The thought was exciting. Haylee curled my long brown locks into cascading waves. It fell neatly around my face. I looked in the mirror, smiling for the first time in a true way. It had been easier since Declan had been killed. When Noah killed him, the darkness ("tattoos") had slowly disappeared from his body. My scars were gone as well. It was truly over.

We walked downstairs, slowly because of my waddle. The ceremony took place in the backyard under the oak tree. It had been around for hundreds of years, which had a big significance on unity and loyalty. The pack parted to reveal a very chiseled and handsome Noah. He was clad in white pants and a button up white shirt. His hair was in his eyes and I resisted the urge to brush it away. His smile was soft and loving, it made my heart race. I definitely could never leave him.

"Hello beautiful." He whispered into my ear as I reached for his hands. I kissed his cheek and beamed with happiness.

"Are you ready for this?" He asked seriously.

"Yes." For you, anything.

His face hardened until it was the face of an Alpha. His eyes were still blue and still my Noah's.

"Emily Daniels, do you hereby accept this pack as your own? Will you protect it and guide it with all of your might? Will your nurture it's people and be a good pack mother to the best of your abilities? Will you defend me as your Alpha? Will you defend our pups with your life? If you agree and accept please state so." His voice never shaking or quivering. Since we weren't married yet, technically his mom was still interned Luna. Noah became Alpha after he defeated Declan.

I stood proudly and tall, as tall as you can pregnant and almost ready to have a baby.

"I will and I do." My voice as equally strong.

He cut my hand again with the knife and did his the same way as he had before so long ago. He placed our hands together, letting the blood mix. Binding our wolfs.

Thomas, Jessie purred, she could sense his wolf as Noah did this.

Jessie. My eyes widen at hearing Noah's wolf for the first time in human form. It was gruff but so lovely. It didn't quite sound like Noah, but yet was such a big part of him. I looked forward to knowing him better. Every part of him.

When we pulled our hands away, everyone clapped and hollered at us in cheers. Noah took my hands in his and kissed me.

"I can't wait for our wedding." He leaned in again and nipped my earlobe.

Or for the honeymoon. Noah's voice ran clear in my head and I blushed at the thought.

We would be married tomorrow and then the next day, I would become pack leader just as he did. We could do this. I tried not to think about my high school graduation also being two days from now. The irony was uncanny. I tried not to think about the unfinished business I had with my parents. With my mother, specifically. With my real father, who we still haven't found anything about.