Chapter 23: It's Never Done

Declan

I watched from the treetops, sneering into Noah's bedroom window. Everyone looked so happy. Nobody missed me. Nobody wanted me. They all wanted him.

And her.

I had to admit, having her around was quite the pleasant time for me.

If only we had more time together. I smiled my devil's smile. My wolf cried, begging me to set them both free. I would never let them free. Lincoln and Declan would die in there. He couldn't deny the darkness and had let me take over him. It had been years since he had been in control. I hated him. He was weak. He wanted their approval and love. He wanted to ask for forgiveness. I wanted them all dead. Making it seem like it was about the land ownership was purely just for fun. How I loved to watch them squirm.

I think she's my next conquest. I hopped out of the tree and slinked back into the tree line, hiding from sight.

"I'll be back, Emily. Enjoy your dreams."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily

I couldn't shake the bad feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. The other shoe was going to drop, I could feel it.

I hugged Noah tighter as he pulled me through the village. I was supposed to be learning my Luna duties, but I was extremely unfocused. I nodded at his talking and spoke briefly to our people. My body grew weak. I felt my body passing out.

"Noa---" Darkness enveloped me. I could feel Noah's hands around me catching me, but I couldn't open my eyes.

"Emily?!" He yelled at me, shaking me. He yelled for help while he lifted me, carrying me to the pack house, I'm assuming. The face of the man showed up before I could stop it. His green eyes stared at me. He stalked me slowly, like prey. The scar above his eyebrow looked more prominent. His nails, oh how I remembered their burn.

What do you want Declan?

He smirked a sly smile at me and spoke with such anger.

They have taken everything, so I have to hurt them in a great way.

I tried to furrow my brows but couldn't feel my body.

What have you done to me?

He moved in front of me, closer this time, touching my cheek.

You are paralyzed in your mind. I needed to speak with you. He brushed off my question as if it bored him.

What do you want Declan? I asked him again.

You.

His voice cut through me, as does the shock machine, throwing me back into my body.

"Ahhh!!" I screamed, jumping up from the bed. Noah grabbed me and hugged me to him. I couldn't stop my body from shaking. Dr. Smith ran to me and placed hands on either side of my face.

"Emily? Can you hear me?" He asked, looking into both my eyes. I moved my head up and down slowly.

"What happened?" I asked him. He leaned back onto the floor beside us, scratching his head.

"You were dead."

I looked at Noah, his eyes rimmed with tears. The color drained from his jagged face. I pulled him to me again and put his face by my now beating heart.

"I'm ok." I whispered to him, still dazed by what happened. Declan's words echoed in my mind. Noah's grip on me tightened, bringing back to him.

"What happened to you?" His voice faltered quietly. I stood up and pulled him with me. leaving the pack house going to the woods. I turned around and forced him into my arms, fiercely. His body was large against mine. His strong arms held me, supporting me. The smell of him floated sweetly into my nostrils. His hand rubbed up my back and moves in circles.

"It was Declan." I whispered, knowing it will anger him.

"Ok." He said calmly. I pulled back, shock by his calmness.

"What's wrong with you? I just told you your brother just assaulted my mind and literally killed me and that's all you have to say?" I am taken back by the anger I feel.

"You were dead. I felt my heart being ripped out of my body. Now you're alive and I have no idea what this means. How did it happen? What actually happened? I just don't want to think about it right now. It's too much. I just want to be with you." He snuggled deeper into my neck. I kissed his mark and he shivered against me. I felt him smirking against my shoulder.

"Oh really?" He teased. He could feel the wanton in my heart.

He pushed me up against the side of an outer building. By the looks of it, it must be an older look out point. He put my arms above my head and kissed me roughly. I bit his lip and asked for entry which he happily allows me. I fight him for control but he was too strong. The Alpha in him taking over completely. I arched my back towards him and he took the hint, easily. With little effort, he stripped me down and himself. I am pushed against the wall. I gripped the sides of the building as he bends over behind me, kissing up my thighs. I shivered with anticipation. His lips were soft but gruff as they worked their way up. He pulled back suddenly and thrusted into me. I moan in excitement leaning my back as much against him as I can. He gripped my hair pulling me back, growling into my ear. He nipped at my earlobe before continuing his thrusts. His pleasure echoed mine. Soon we're both climaxing together in a sweaty ball of heat. We laid on the ground together after we get dressed, using his jacket as a blanket. The night fell around us and the quietness took over the forest. The stars peeked out from behind the clouds. The moon shined brighter than ever. I felt my left hand being raised. Noah moved it to his lips before kissing my ring. I sighed and snuggled closer into his chest, thoughts of Declan's threats all faded out of mind.

"We should get back." Noah shuffled beneath me.

"Just a little longer." I sighed. His arms tightened around me, as he kissed the top of my head.

"Anything for you."

Howllllll

Jessie's voice yelled at me, urgently.

There's trouble.

I sat up quickly but not before Noah. He stood, pulling me along.

"We have to go, something has happened." He tugged me along behind him. I glanced behind us, to where we laid before, wishing life was simple and that we could stay there.