Chapter 5: Alpha of the Mchowell Pack

Noah 

"That is none of your business at the moment. Why do you ask?" 

She remained quiet like she's thinking to herself. Her face went white after a couple of minutes and she just stared at me. 

"Okay then. I'm gonna go downstairs. When you're done eating just come on down." I backed away slowly from the room feeling strangely sad when her face was no longer in sight. My stomach was in knots and I knew why.

I took a seat on the black suede couch and thought about the Math class we shared. Her long brown hair framed her delicate tanned face. Her brown eyes were like the deepest darkest orbs that I could so easily get lost in. She was tall like me, maybe 5'10. She wasn't too thin but definitely was not fat. 

Most definitely curvy. He smiled to himself. 

"Noah, what the hell is going on?" Haylee stood in front of me with a confused look. "I smelt a girl."

"Yeah, that's my mate. She's upstairs at the moment." I oozed with nervousness.

"OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!!!! Noah, you found your mate! That's amazing. What's she like? What's her name? I can't believe you found your mate so early! Our Luna!" She shrieked. 

"What the fuck, Haylee. Shut up." Brad yelled, while walking down the stairs in nothing but a pair of jeans. Her shrill voice was too much even for him.

Haylee ran over to him and squeezed him. "He found our Luna, Bradwee." saying his nickname made him cringe. 

"I know. I was there last night when we kidnapped her." 

"Bradley Allen Peters. You did NOT kidnap that girl." Haylee stands in front of him with her arms crossed. 

He threw his hands up slowly to show no resistance. 

I laughed at my best friend while he showed fear to his mate. "He was helping me, LeeLee." I stated from the couch. My sister whipped her head towards me angrily.  

"Noah Andrew Mchowell. You didn't." 

"Haylee, as your Alpha I suggest you stand down from the subject." I sternly spoke with the deepest voice I could produce.

She growled and went to the kitchen that's adjacent to the living room we're in. "Thanks Alpha." Brad moved to sit by me. 

"She asked me what an Alpha was. I think she knows something. Maybe my mate is a rouge? I can't have my Luna being a rouge. What do I do, Brad?" I am so confused I started to rant. 

How can she know? What does she know? My parents will KILL me if I've blown our secret to all of the town.

"Noah?" 

"Hello? Noah?"

I blinked and looked up. Emily stood there looking around awkwardly. She glanced at me and then back to Brad and then to me again. It looked like her brain was working in overtime trying to figure out what was going on.

"Hey babe. This is Brad, my bet-- My best friend." Brad smirked and got up to leave us alone. Em waved at him before he left for the kitchen. Her eyes were sad and her rosy cheeks were pale. I could tell she's worried, all I wanted to do was hug her.

"Okay? How many people live here? This place is huge, I almost didn't find the staircase. I wandered into this black and grey room and was totally lost." She huffed.

"Erm that was my room. My room is a little bit down from yours." I hope she didn't see anything in there!

He's talking to himself about you.

Shut up voice! If you're not gonna help me out of here then be quiet. Emily's nose started to scrunch up and I had the thought that maybe she's having an inner battle with herself. 

I can't help you leave. That would go against orders.

Fine. She huffed and rolled her eyes at nothing.

I'm beginning to question her sanity.. My wolf spoke.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Oh I am just peachy, Mr. Whatever your last name is." She hissed.

Ouch.

I sighed. "Its Mchowell. My name is Noah Mchowell." 

"Wh-wh--what? Like the high school?" She gaped.

"Yeah."

I had about 2 seconds to grab her before Emily's eyes rolled back into her head and she fell to the floor.

Dammit. I am so gonna be in trouble.

We both are.