Chapter 9: Not Your Typical Day

Emily

"Please stop staring at me and tell me what's going on!"

I paced in front of Noah's oval desk. The deep oak wood was smooth under my fingers. He had little knick-knacks along the side of his desk, each one being a different colored wolf bobble-head. My forehead still hurt and my body felt sore. The smell of the earth was still pungent in my nostrils. 

"Noah Mchowell, stop staring at me and help me please?" I begged.

After waking up in Noah's bed this morning I was thoroughly afraid something had happened between us last night and it was something he was not telling me. 

He shifted under my gaze, moving over the side of the desk were I stood, by the bobble-heads.  

"Emily." He sighed. I stared at him urging him to continue, pleading him. 

"You're a werewolf." He muttered looking down quickly at his red battered combat boots. 

The word kept echoing through my mind, invading every space I had.

Stop freaking out. It's about time you know what we are. Her voice echoed.

You freaking knew? Who are you?

I am you, Emily. I am your wolf, Jessie. 

Jessie? I didn't ask for this! I don't want this!

The Goddess would not have given you this power if you weren't meant to have it.

"The Goddess? What the hell are you talking about?" I blurted. My eyes flew to Noah's blue ones. He looked amused at me like he knew I was talking to someone who wasn't really here. 

"Your wolf won't hurt you babe. There's nothing wrong with having one. At least I know you're not going crazy." He chuckled softly guiding his hands to mine.

"The Goddess is the mother and protector of all werewolves. She graces us with wolves who will help us and guide us to the people we are supposed to be. She chooses everyone's mates as well."

Noah's hands fell to his side. He walked to the door and opened it, tapping his fingers against the frame in an impatient manner.

"If you'd like to have that conversation about mates now I would gladly like to tell you." His voice was somber and heart breaking.

I had caused him pain by leaving.

He was afraid I would do it again.

I could feel it. 

I could feel him.

"Yes, Noah, I would like that very much." 

He smiled a small smile, tugging me by the arm behind him. He reached a room covered in blue. Books lined the walls and coat racks with lots of clothes on them were around the room. There was a small couch and loveseat in the middle. He pulled me to the couch and sat me beside him.