Chapter 6: Passing Out or Passing Gas?

Emily

My head fucking hurt. 

Maybe if you weren't such a baby sometimes..

"If you don't shut up I'm gonna tear you a new one!!!" 

"Emily! Emily! Calm down. Ouch. Geez." I opened my eyes and saw my hands trapped in Noah's. A scratch mark appeared below his eye.

"Oh my gosh! Noah I am so sorry. Well maybe not. I mean you do deserve it." The words slipped out of my mouth quickly in a rush.

"I don't deserve this." He gestured below his eye. "I have had to sit here with you all day instead of running my pac--work, my dad came over and yelled at me, and you farted at least three times on my lap. So no I don't think I deserve this!" He shoved me off his lap and onto the bed. 

"I farted on you?!?!?" I yelled in fear.

The side of his lip raised. "That you did, babe."

Oh my gosh.

Farting in front of the Alpha. Way to go. I could feel the voices eye roll.

"Shut up." 

"Babe, I didn't say anything?" Noah stood by the door, leaning against it with his arm. A cocky smile on his face.

"Can I go home now? I just wanna go home. I have school. I may get to be the valedictorian! I've already made my speech. Whatever you want just take because I need to go home." Tears began to fall from my eyes again, sliding down my cheek and wetting my legs. 

Noah moved to sit next to me. "Em, I have already taken what I want. You can't go home. You can't leave me. I know you don't understand and frankly I don't either and I am beginning to think you're crazy because you talk to yourself but you can't leave. I WILL explain everything. Just not today." He tried to wrap his very muscular arm around me but I just back away more onto the bed and lay down. 

Maybe in another life I would have been flattered by his honesty. I may have even wanted his attention, but right then all I wanted was to go home.

"Then leave. I don't want to see you." I sighed.

The door closed slowly and I jolted up fast. I glanced around the room for any means of escape. The window pushed open with ease, making me think perhaps he hadn't planned on keeping me poisoner here.

Yes I am getting out of here!

No, Emily It's not safe out there. We aren't safe out there. You aren't ready. The voice pleaded but I ignored her and jumped out the window into a roughly barked oak tree. 

I shimmied my way down from the tall tree and landed on the soft ground safely.

How in the heck did I do that?

You're welcome.

Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. Thought you couldn't help me?

I'm not but I'm also not gonna let you kill yourself climbing a stupid tree. Good luck. They will catch you.

They?

I ran into the woods crowding the huge house, and tried to weave in and out of the numerous trees. Branches slapped me in the face, leaves scratched my legs, and my legs grew tired very quickly. I almost felt like stopping when suddenly a surge of energy rushed through me.

We've got to get out of here. They're too close!

Who's too close?

The Rouge Clan.