Chapter 25: Plans

Emily

*Two weeks later*

Sadness overcame me at the thought of Noah feeling guilty. I still couldn't get our conversation about Declan out of my mind. Who wouldn't want to think the best of their big brother? Of course he wanted to save him. Of course he felt like this was his fault. Noah shifted beside me, lightly snoring against my back. His strong arm was thrown over me, snuggling into me deeper. I lifted his arm and moved quietly, not wanting to wake him.

It's time to make a plan.

I dressed in jeans and a faded pale blue t-shirt, leaving the bedroom and heading downstairs in the kitchen. It was empty apart from Brad, standing over the stove. He tossed eggs up and back into the skillet.

"Is there ever a time when you don't eat?" I asked, chuckling to myself.

He looked up at me and smirked.

"Ya know technically, we're going to be in laws. You should be nicer to me." He passed me a plate of eggs and ruffled my hair. I smacked his hand and started eating. Nausea moved through me and I slapped my hand over my mouth, running to the bathroom. After throwing up the contents of my stomach, I walked shakily back into the kitchen. Brad and Haylee met me at the door.

"Are you ok?" Haylee looked me over. Her eyes were very concerned. I wasn't sure if I was. With everything going on with Declan, I was afraid he was trying to put me into another paralyzed state.

"I'm not sure." My voice shook. I swayed on my heels, feeling light-headed. The lights and colors slowly fading until I fell to the floor.

"Emily!" Haylee yelled, catching me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke in a white room on a gurney. My clothes had been replaced with a hospital gown and I had an IV in my arm. I looked around the room until my eyes landed on Noah. He stared at me, holding my hand, kissing it. He was still in his grey sweatpants and white t-shirt from bed.

"Hey, you're ok." His voice was soft. He caressed my cheek and I leaned into it.

"What happened?"

His eyes grew wide slightly and he looked away from me. I became concerned quickly.

"Noah is it serious? Am I dying? Was it Declan?" The questions rushed out of me. I was scared that my life with Noah is over.

He stood up, hugging me.

"No, baby. It's nothing like that. I'm just not sure how you'll react." His hand went to my stomach, eyeing it cautiously. I'm was confused. What has happened to me? Cancer? It was rare in werewolves but possible. My stomach was slightly protruding, more so than this morning.

"You're pregnant."

My mouth fell open so wide I could catch flies.

"Wh-what?" I asked him to repeat.

"We are gonna have a baby."

I felt like my throat is closing in. I started gasping for air gripping at my throat. He pulled the help cord and Dr. Smith rushed in. He gave me something in my IV and I started to feel better. I could breathe.

A baby?

I'm gonna have a baby.

"Luna. You're going to be fine." Dr. Smith shined a light into my eyes. I blinked rapidly at the action. His hands start examining my stomach. He persed his lips in thought.