Chapter 36: Barbie Shoes

Start from the beginning

Anyways, I got out of the vehicle the moment we were back and took fast steps back to my temporary room cause I couldn't stay calm in his presence.

My hopes were crushed when I saw Dylan making dinner and had weirdly placed both our foods on the counter top.

His gaze met mine when he placed the wine glasses on the table right beside our meals and a large bottle of red wine. A little candle was lit in between both plates and a fancy golden handle holding it up. Rose petals were scattered around the edges of the counter top and some randomly in the middle.

No, I don't find it so romantic.

And why the hell is he so weird?

"I made us dinner" He paused "Have a seat"

"No"

"Come on Cupcake, I couldn't think of a better idea"

"A better idea for what?"

"I don't know" He paused "Cause you're mad at me, I guess"

"You don't see what this is all about, do you?"

He paused and leaned against the chair, resting his elbows on the wood and burying his face in both his palms "I see you're mad at me and I hate it"

"Do you know what you did wrong?"

"I was a bitch to Toby and I have that sorted out, okay? I sent him a message and apologized, happy now?"

"You still don't see what this is all about?"

"All I did was try to protect you. I'm a guy and I know how every guy looks at a girl they wanna have for fun. Just because he's sweet, charming, tells you you're beautiful in a potato sack doesn't mean he's really like that."

"You don't know a thing about him"

"Oh please, if he really had an attitude as amazing as that, he would have a lot of girls around his table. Do you have any idea how they stared at you while you were having your time with him? That's the problem, you didn't notice the stares you got and what they meant"

"That could mean anything, you have no idea who he is_"

"And neither do you" He cut me off "You don't know him either."

"But I know he's a sweet guy"

"Fine then, I'll take you back to the beginning. Toby's father was once the president and a really great friend of my dad. Their relationship was limited to business partnerships and sometimes they got invited to parties and stuff like that. His father died a few years ago, left everything he earned for his excuse of a son and guess what prince Charming did? He spent it all on his quest to live the most luxurious life and practically went broke in a few years."

"Well_"

"The only reason he did all of that was to get to me cause for a reason I don't know or care about, he hates my guts. I've been here a few times and he's done a lot worse to get to me."

"Are you sure about this?"

"If it makes you feel any better, look it up online or something. Oh, and news flash, he's twenty eight."

I was completely speechless.

Toby, who I assumed was the perfect example of every girl's dream man, was worse than I could've ever imagined.

First, if Dylan was right, they hated each other and everything he did was to get to Dylan.

I couldn't believe it. He was charming, nice, considerate, understanding and sweet. He had everything good in a person and with it, good looks. I mean, he walked me back to my seat as an apology for walking into him, said he was a great fan of Dylan and offered his help in case I needed it.

I couldn't let myself think that was all a lie and everything that had happened was to get to Dylan.

And he was twenty eight?

"Every person in that party with at least, half a brain knew you came as my date, including him. Everything he said about getting you Barbie shoes is a lie"

"He didn't talk about Barbie shoes"

"Well, I heard Barbie s_"

"Not the point Dylan"

He let out a sigh and the pushed the seat back in. "I have a lot of reasons to hate Toby, but I don't"

He took a few steps towards me and when he was in front of me, placed his hands on my shoulders "I didn't him to play with your feelings"

"You also had your time with Ke_"

"That was" He paused "That was to make you jealous"

"Jealous? Dylan, you started this. You played with my feelings first, remember? You said it was just a kiss"

"You started this."

"How did I_"

"You said it was a stupid kiss first"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello my dear butterflies.

I'm sorry the chapter is very short.

Thanks for reading another chapter. If you feel there's any need to make some changes to this chapter or you find some things uncomfortable, please send me a message through Instagram @therealdream_writer11 or email @sophiaopeyemi70@gmail.com or Twitter @Dream_writer11

Don't forget to comment and share to your friends and family. Check out my other stories in your free time.

Instagram: therealdream_writer11
E-mail: sophiaopeyemi70@gmail.com
Twitter: Dream_writer11