Chapter 2: No Way Back

The sounds are almost deafening the closer Dean gets to the bar, but the pain in his ears is nothing compared to the unrelenting need for blood. The smell invades Dean's mind, willing him to find someone quickly and sate the murderous hunger inside.

Opening the door, he enters the smoke-filled bar. Patrons are everywhere. A large dance floor is the main attraction, surrounded by people at small tables, and a large bar on the back wall lit up with neon lights. The giant mirror behind the large selection of liquors and other drinks catches Dean's reflection. Still the ever ruggedly handsome man, but the mirror reflects back the new predatorial gait in his demeanor. Dean squints against the flashing lights, and he makes his way over to the bar, taking up an empty seat.

His presence does not go unnoticed by a few females nearby. The women seem to size him up, then one brunette gathers the courage, and approaches him.

"Hey, my name is..." She begins. Dean turns to her, placing a finger over her lips to silence the next words from her mouth.

"Names don't matter. How about you and I get out of here?" Dean suggests, winking at the woman. Unfortunately for her, the vampiric suggestion overpowers her, and she complies, taking Dean's offered arm. The two of them leave the bar, and he leads her into the trees nearby.

The woman giggles at the small talk, unaware that Dean is taking them deeper and deeper into the forest. He stops them, and leans against the woman, pushing her against the tree. Her eyes clouding as Dean's lips touch hers. She is unabashed, and her passion for him flares. His hands holding her in place as she strains against him, eager to press her body against his. Grinning, he dips his head to her neck, the scent of her lust and blood filling his mind. It's absolutely overpowering, and without a thought, Dean bites, hard. The blood flows instantly, his new fangs making easy work of her flesh. The woman attempts to scream, but Dean's hand is over her mouth in an instant and stifles it. As the blood leaves her body, she begins to slump against him and the tree. He holds her up, draining her of the last of her lifeforce.

Dropping her to the ground, Dean spins, hearing a noise. Appearing before him is Castiel. Cas tries hard to hide his surprise and his disappointment. Blood is splattered down the front of Dean's clothes and all over his face and neck, the discarded woman at his feet. This is not the same man who has saved countless people, who has saved the world. Not making any sudden moves. Cas speaks in a low, calm voice. "Dean? It's me, Castiel." Cas narrows his eyes, searching for the old Dean.

"Cas?" Dean's voice is rough, but that one word is filled with understanding, he recognizes him.

"That's right. I heard that you were attacked and I wanted to see how you were." Cas tips his head to the side, still searching, for something.

"Cas, I'm a damn vampire. Now, I can't even be saved by one of Sam's vampire cures. I've already drunk human blood. You'd be a smart angel if you just turned around and left me alone." Dean fires at Cas, trying to scare him off.

"Dean, I can't leave you. You're a good man, and there has to be a way to change you back. If you'd just come with me..." Cas begins but is cut off as he is slammed into the tree behind him.

Dean's hand around Cas' throat makes it a little difficult to get away, and with him so close Cas can't fight back or else take the chance of hurting Dean. Luckily, Cas didn't come here without a plan, and Dean fell right into his trap.

"I told you to go away, Cas. Now I can't be held responsible for happens next." Dean growls, lowering his head to Castiel's neck. "I wonder what angel blood tastes like." Cas tips his head as if offering himself up to Dean. Licking the skin, Dean savors the salt and flavor of Cas. A mix of cedar and a hint of mint. Smiling, Dean opens his mouth and bites into Cas' neck, his body stiffening. Cas wraps his arms around Dean's shoulders, holding him tighter. Dean practically purrs, drinking deep from the angel.

"I'm really sorry about his Dean, but I have to save you," Cas whispers, teleporting them away.