I got downstairs five minutes late where Dylan had been waiting patiently for me.

He was in a black tux and matching black tie with black shoes adorning his feet and his hair styled to perfection. It was something far different from his normal casual clothes and messy hair.

Looking at us both, we didn't look like we were seventeen.

No one said a word as we walked towards the limo.

Once we were in, it got even more awkward than before. We were both next to each other, I with my fingers playing with my dress and him, staring out the window.

If IT didn't happen, we would've been arguing or talking about rocks or making each other feel stupid.

You know, what normal people do.

First, I wasn't going to let whatever it was between us to ruin the evening. I mean, I spent six hours in a jet and had to face the shame of Dylan seeing me in my favorite Mickey Mouse underwear, then I had to spend long hours listening to rocks.

Second, I hated the tension in the air. Literally, it was choking.

"Dylan?" I paused "Aren't we gonna talk about it?"

"Talk about what?"

"I don't know, what happened up there. The kiss maybe?"

"It was just a kiss cupcake. I would've done that to any girl"

Just a kiss.

He would've done that to any girl.

I was any girl.

"J_just a kiss?"

"Yeah. I kiss you, you kiss me. There's nothing so important about it, Cupcake"

Nothing so important about it but it felt like it took a large chunk of my feelings.

I should've expected it.

There's nothing more to a high school playboy than using girls and hurting their feelings. Unfortunately, I had to be one of the victims.

It felt so real, almost like he showed his emotions or something, it didn't feel it was just a kiss.

But it was.

The feelings were just from me, he didn't reciprocate.

Yet it felt like his life depended on it.

I thought we had a thing going on between us. It was faint at the beginning but it grew as we got closer but thinking of it, what the hell was I thinking?

He had Cassandra and Stacy and a lot of hot girls that were not losers like I was and he used them for the fun of it.

And I thought mine could be different.

I hoped for him to turn and tell me he was just kidding but he didn't have the tiniest bit of concern as he tapped away on his phone.

Looking through the tinted glass, I tried to take my mind off it but it felt like trying to forget about the ground while walking on it. My efforts were completely useless.