8. The Kill

"So you know?" Kai asked looking at Penelope who was currently a hot mess with her hair flowing around her face in crazy ways, blood smeared across her chin and her eyes puffy from the crying she had since stopped.

"Yeah I know." She replied with a sniff as she pushed the tears away. "So just stay away from me." She started.

"What do you want from me?" Kai asked looking at her. "Because one second you want me to help you, another you want me to protect you, and now you want me to leave you." He spoke agitated.

"I don't know you Kai. You don't know me. All I know is that you were so bad you were given your own personal hell." She explained. "Who'd want to be around someone that bad?"

"Hey you got stuck in here too. Don't go on about saying I'm the bad one." He defended.

"So there's a good reason to why you killed part of your family?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Yeah." He replied. Pepper nodded for him to explain. His reasons weren't the best. He acted on impulse. It wasn't like any of his family cared about him, he just wanted to take away what they cared about. "My father hated me. I wanted him to feel my pain. Feel the pain of losing someone to love because I never had anyone."

"You killed them, but they weren't the ones who hurt you?" She asked as he took a breath. "That's the difference between me and you. You don't care that they're dead. Their being didn't affect you." The girl shook her head.

"The difference? You killed someone?" He asked curiously.

"I don't-" She started as he looked at her. She stayed quiet.

"You know everything about me now. Fess up, P." He spat looking at her as she rolled her eyes.

"You don't deserve to know." She looked away from him. Why did he make this new nickname for her?

"I made you dinner." He furrowed his brows.

"So what? That doesn't give you right of passage." She rolled her eyes.

"You know what screw you." Kai spoke up. "You're just a piece of crap, and I don't know why I bother trying. You aren't even good company to keep around you just complain and act like a sad little nobody. I doubt any of your stories are even true." He spat angrily.

"Really?" She asked looking at him.

"Yeah really. You're just a scared, weak little girl whose too afraid to admit it." He flexed his jaw angrily.

"I'm not weak." She spat. "You don't believe me." She flared her nostrils. "How about I show you." She grabbed onto his arm closing her eyes. "Un praetertis." She spoke and they were sent into her mind.

Kai opened his eyes and looked at the girl. "What the hell?" He asked looking at Penelope. "Where are we?"

"In my head." She replied. "My memories to be exact."

"Take me back I don't care about your memories." He forced himself out of her grip.

"I don't care. You're going to see the truth." She told him.

They stood in Penelope's house. Her step siblings sat on the couch watching tv and Pepper was busy cleaning the kitchen. She put the dishes into the dishwasher with her magic. It was easier especially when she had to clean the entire house before her mom got home from work.

"So what you cleaned house. Am I supposed to cry now?" He asked confused.

"Just shut up and watch." Penelope spat as she turned to the door. Her mom came rushing in while Penelope was in the middle of loading. She stopped with the magic but one plate fell on the floor.