3. Kryptonite

It took a while for her to find something she liked. 1994 was a strange year. Not to mention a dangerous one for Pepper, but she tried to suppress those memories.

She finally managed to find herself a relatively fancy outfit.

She wore a black cherry mini dress with red platforms and a black choker

She wore a black cherry mini dress with red platforms and a black choker. She of course paired it with her magic pendant and decided on a fancyish ponytail for her hair.

After getting ready she headed to the address on the piece of paper. As she walked she thought about things. The constant questions being how to get out and what the hell was Kai here for.

She thought maybe he was just getting revenge for something. Maybe he barely did anything but his family was really religious or something. Maybe it was anything less than what she did. Not to say what she did was bad. To her it was fair, it was necessary. She deserved to do it and she was glad she did.

She saw a single house light on and realized that must've been the place. She wondered why he didn't choose a fancier place, but she brushed past it. She knocked on the door before opening it, realizing it didn't really matter. She turned around and closed the door. When she went to start walking towards the kitchen she ran into Kai.

"Well I was going to answer the door." He spoke as Pepper pushed herself away from him.

"I figured since it's only us it doesn't really matter." She shrugged as he let out a soft hum.

"What if I was naked?" He asked as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You weren't." She replied.

"But if I was." He added putting his finger up. Pepper just shrugged and looked at him. In all honestly she wanted to be searching for a way out. After waisting so much time shopping she was mad at herself for doing it. She could've found a way out then.

"You weren't." She spoke again as he pursed his lips and nodded looking away. He wondered why she couldn't just be in a positive mood. I mean it sucked she was stuck here but still. No one liked a Debby downer. Pepper grabbed her necklace and looked around the house. It reminded her nothing of the home she grew up in. The walls were filled with pictures and the wallpaper wasn't bland. It felt like a good home to her. She assumed the people here were probably good ones, if anything better than the people she lived with.

"So I made pasta." Kai segued as he led her to the kitchen. "Chicken Alfredo to be specific. It took a while to find the chicken but I did." He explained. "The bread is still in the oven." Pepper nodded and sat down at the table. "I also found some wine." He spoke holding it as he got out two glasses. "Are you even old enough to drink wine?" He asked curiously.

"I'm 19." She replied as he stopped for a moment.

He smiled. "Eh it's fine." He shrugged as he poured some. "It's red wine which I think is better because it's better for the heart ya know?" He asked as Pepper looked at him.