6. I Just Wanna Run

Pepper decided to go get fresh air after telling Kai her lie about her favorite memory. In all honestly the guy barely knew her. They may have shared fun facts, but she was a wolf and until he knew that he wouldn't know her.

She wanted to go outside to town, but honestly she was still worried. She went back inside to Kai and saw him cleaning up. "Can we go somewhere?" She asked looking at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused. "I thought you wanted to stay inside."

"I realized that staying here makes me uncomfortable." She replied rubbing her arm. Being trapped at home made her claustrophobic. Her outlet was the shed she practice magic in, here she didn't have that. Not to mention something tried to kill her for using magic.

Kai smirked lightly. "Aw. You want me to go and protect you?" He asked tilting his head.

"I mean if the strange force tries to kill me again I'd like some assistance yeah." She replied crossing her arms.

"Okay. We'll go. I'll take you to my favorite music store. It's not far so we can walk." He nodded to her as they headed out.

As they walked quietly Kai thought about her. She seemed like a girl who had a strict mom and ungrateful siblings. Whatever she did, he didn't think it was for no reason. At the same time, Pepper thought about what he did. Nothing about him seemed wrong. She had to know.

"Tell me something about yourself." She broke the silence.

"Didn't we just do that?" He our his hands in his jacket pockets.

"It was trivial. Tell me something important, something that defines you." She explained looking forward.

He hummed thinking for a moment. "I've never cried." He said as she scoffed.

"Yeah right." She shook her head.

"It's true." He replied furrowing his brows.

"Not even as a kid? I mean didn't you ever get in trouble? Got hit by your parents or something?" She asked as he gulped lightly.

"Yeah I guess then." He replied thinking to the abuse he had to go through. "It was more emotional with them though. Well most the time anyway."

"Why'd you stop?" She asked curiously as he looked at her confused. "Why'd you stop crying?" She clarified.

"Because I realized nothing is worth tears. I realized being sad isn't important and all it did was weigh me down." He replied as she let out a soft sigh.

"Sounds like an easy way to deal with it. Let go of the bad emotions. If only it was that easy." She replied looking forward.

"What about you? Are you a crier?" He asked.

"When I was younger I was. After a few years I got used to everything and stopped." She explained as he nodded.

"So you basically did the same thing." He replied.

"Well I still get sad." She held her arms. "I just found other ways to deal with it."

"Usually I get mad instead." He nodded.

"Yeah I've noticed." Pepper spoke.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked looking at her.

"You sort of have anger issues." She answered.

"My anger is resonable." He defended himself.

"Until I know why then I can't agree." She spoke as he shook his head.