As respect to the Moon Goddess, all who enters this room gave thanks to their savior before continuing forward. It was a tradition that started when the mural was made and had no intentions of ending anytime soon. Once thanking their Moon Goddess, the family moved forward and dispersed to chat amongst the reasonably large crowds.

In the overtop balconies came many stares as people watched Lyla walk in, the human, step in. Every year Lyla felt less and less welcome, and the stares would only become more brutal. She was growing of age to claim the heart of a werewolf of the kingdom, causing mostly females to feel threatened. They were not going to be known as the mates that were rejected because of a measly human.

"I swear I can feel knifes pinching my skin with the looks they're giving me," Lyla whispered to Liam who eyed his surroundings, keeping Lyla safe as they moved forward. Arm in arm, Liam had no intention of letting go of Lyla any time soon.

"It's just jealousy, Ly. Don't worry, they won't come near you." Liam promised. "But where is Ve-"

"I'm right here mis amigos!"

Lyla giggled as Liam rolled his eyes. "Since when did you learn how to speak Spanish?"

"Ever since I took a couple shots of tequila." Venus smiled proudly as her mate, Caden, huffed. "Oh don't get so moody, it takes like ten shots for me to get remotely tipsy. I'm fineeee."

"And how many did you have so far?" Liam questioned.

"Only nine...and three quarters."

❖❖❖

An hour had passed since Lyla and Liam had met up with Venus and Caden. Venus had already drunk herself into oblivion, leaving Caden to clean up the mess known as his mate. He was a good sport though, being used to her outrageous behavior for years and knowing how she had been at the Harvest Ball years prior. He tolerated her and loved her endlessly, so it made handling her worth it.

But, even being as drunk as she was, she was all good fun and laughter as she danced with both Liam and Lyla in the middle of the ballroom. Her laughter and behavior were infectious, leaving no room for annoyance or judgment as the three musketeers enjoyed their night with one another.

Although these events weren't exactly the icing on the cake, this year had been an exception. Lyla was smiling, really smiling as she enjoyed the night with her best friends. She had no complaints, no worries, no fears. Her anxiety had vanished and had been replaced with love and smiles stretching wider than the Amazon river.

It was barely ten o'clock in the evening when Liam left Lyla with Venus to go meet with the beta of the island, the second son of the prior king and queen of Astoria, Dimitri Astor.

Dimitri had become the beta of Astoria only due to the fact that the man who was meant to be the beta leaving to be with his mate in Nastalenia. Of course, people were upset that their future beta stepped down from his title, but respected his decision as it was for his mate. Mates in this world were the top priority, no exceptions. No one can surpass a mate, not even an Alpha.

Even the greatest Alpha will fall to his knees for his mate.

Then came Dimitri who was the only man qualified to fulfill an important role, and the royal family deeming it would be the safe option instead of promoting one of the deltas. They wanted to keep the peace, and not a competition for such an important role, instead, giving Dimitri the role as the beta.

As being the beta, it came to be noticed as the years went on that he would take care of alpha duties that required his presence. The Alpha of Astoria, Romulus, never attended public events outside of the royal family functions. Such as the Harvest Ball, he was nowhere in sight, most likely secluded somewhere else far deep in the palace.