38.

Katrina

12:45 PM // LAX

12:45 PM // LAX

The holidays were here and fast might I add. I was always the type to not like Christmas because it never turned out how I would expect. Growing up in Compton was very difficult for me. I wasn't rich and I wasn't poor either but I didn't have everything I wanted like every kid did. Every Christmas I would at least get one or two things while everyone else got a shit load of all they asked for. It didn't help either that houses got broken into and mine being one of them. It kinda turned me into the Grinch, so I stopped celebrating altogether.

This year was definitely different though. Jordan made arrangements to fly out to New York with me to meet his family. I'm absolutely terrified but he assures that everything will go smoothly. It has been awhile I met the parents of a guy I was dating so this was extremely nerve wracking. Pulling my suitcase aggressively through the double sliding doors of Alaska Airlines, Jordan looked at me through side eyes.

"What you stressing 'bout? I know you by now Trina." He said breaking my thoughts. I adjusted the shades on my face as I kept my focus forward.

"I'm just scared. I know that you say everything going to be cool but it's been so long I been in a serious relationship. I forgot how to do all this impressing family shit."

"You don't have to impress them though. You overthinking, like my mom is cool. My family from Highbridge in the Bronx. Ain't nothing bougie over there so just be you. Shit they might like that you a hood chick." He said licking his lips at me causing me to smile. I get it, he knew his family better than I did but what girl didn't want to go all the way extreme just to impress the guy you like family? Jordan and I were getting pretty damn serious and this was important to me.

"Alright, I'll trust your word." I told him simply as I raised the sunglasses off of my face, placing them onto my head. I just hoped he was right or else my ass was getting a one way back to L.A ASAP!

8:50PM // New York

"That was the longest fucking flight Jordan. Why didn't you tell me it was going to be that long?" I complained as I allowed him to place our luggages into the Uber. He scoffed at me shaking his head.

"Man I told yo ass it was going to be at least 6 to 7 hours. Everything I say to you go in one ear and out the other."

"That's not true." I pouted crossing my arms over my chest. He began to laugh at me as he closed the trunk. Making his way over to me with open arms, I backed away from him two steps just for him to grab onto me, pulling me into him. Giggling at him as he playfully tickled my sides, kissing on my neck, I could no longer be mad at his monkey looking self.

"Chill okay. My mama cooked. I know your ass is just hungry and that's why you really mad."

"You know me so well baby." I patted his shoulder before walking around him heading to the uber. He took the initiative in opening the door for me before I could do so. He was such a gentleman and always reminded me I had a real nigga by my side. It still surprised me with how sweet he treated me. He was a dream come true and he ain't had no kids? OH YES!