32.

Tommie

 2:43PM // Jefferson Blvd

Thanksgiving was here and it wasn't what I expected it to be when I thought of how it should be last month. With my brother in the hospital, it wasn't really like we were celebrating anything. It just didn't feel the same. When the news got out to my mother, she broke out into tears immediately booking her flight over the phone with me. She asked me several questions and even tried to put the blame on me before I allowed Jordan to explain what all happened. It broke my heart that she would think that it was because of me and that she thought I should be watching him when he was in college. I didn't and couldn't have full control over an 18 year old who is hard headed. She of all people should know that regardless of what anyone says. Keith was always the type to try it or do it anyway.

She arrived a day later and I escorted her to the hospital where randomly she lost control. Just the sight of her baby son laying in the hospital bed unresponsive was the last straw. She had screamed and wailed. I thought I lost control when I seen him but mommy was worse. She cursed everyone out in her native tongue with only me understanding every word. I consoled her and told her everything will be okay because even though he got shot he was so strong to make it through. According to doctors, his performance during his coma so far was impressive so that showed he was fighting really hard to wake up. I was so proud of him and I was going to continue to pray that he gets that wish. He deserves to see the love although I know he can hear us.

"You think maybe we should have Thanksgiving at the hospital? Just so everyone can be together.." MiMi suggested. I looked up from my coffee mug. That wasn't such a bad idea but I was afraid of Axel meeting her in this state. For the first time, this would be their meet and it sucks that it has to be this way. I just don't know what she would say, for my mother is unpredictable.

"That's great but Mommy meeting Axel like this.. I don't know."

"Well it isn't really about her or Axe. It's about Keith. I don't think anyone wants to leave him out of it. We can invite his girlfriend too so she can be around him with the baby. That's your niece or nephew. Axe and Mama will be fine." She said causing me to nod my head. I was super excited to become an Aunt. It hurt me to know that the baby could possibly be born without Keith here to see but it is what it is. I was just upset that Breana waited so long to tell him she was with child in the first place. At this point, he still didn't have knowledge and would wake up with a child he didn't know was conceived.

"Okay. I shall call my mom now then." MiMi nodded her head as she sipped the green tea I made for us. Getting up from my seat, I made my way to my room to grab my phone so that I could call my mom. I had so many unread messages and DMs on Instagram. My Instagram continued to blow up with notifications. Most of them were positive now that Axel's ex stuck up for him saying that he wasn't a woman beater. I guess the guilt of what she tried to do to him sat on her so heavy that she felt she owed him that in the long run. He had gained his fans back too and that was all that mattered.