21.

MiMi

10:55 PM // Jefferson Blvd

Nobody could tell me anything these past few weeks. The way I had been feeling, you'd think I was mad at the world. I felt as if I had lost a sister and the things that were going through my head were ruining my relationship with my mom and Draymond. I didn't want to talk, eat and I barely slept. For weeks, I put my energy into trying to find out what happened to Tommie only to find out she had been staying with her mother. I had the thought but her mother continuously denied it. She lied telling me she didn't know where Tommie was and that pissed me off even more! The fact that Tommie would have her own mother lie to me was hurtful and I felt like she didn't care. I was more than a friend to her, at least I believed. And no matter what, I would always have her back so why didn't she just tell me?

For the life of me, I just couldn't understand and now knowing that she was on her way home tonight I had to control my emotions and anger. Feeling nothing but disrespect, I didn't want nothing more than to yell at her for how dumb she is but I know she is going through a lot with the whole Don thing. You could tell that she panicked and based her actions off of what she felt at the moment. I couldn't totally put the blame on her but she had a whole dude here that cared for her. Shit if I could rewind time, I think I heard him even confess to us that he loved her the second day she didn't turn up. Point blank is that Tommie has to grow up and face her demons before they take full control of her.

I finished cleaning up the house including Tommie's room just to help bring my attitude down a couple notches because it was getting later and later and she would be here any minute. I know she left around 11 and it was just now getting to 11 here being that Cali was back in time. Emptying the dust pan into the trash, I could hear the door locks twist and turn before finally opening revealing Tommie in the door frame struggling with her suitcase and the rest of bags she took with her. Sighing to myself, I made my way over to her without saying a word to her picking up the bags that she couldn't carry inside. Closing the door and locking it after she was in, I looked at her happy that she was in one piece.

She avoided all eye contact with me as we stood across from each other. I know that she was searching for the words to say first but I knew exactly what I had to say.

"I'm just happy you're okay.." I spoke up crossing my arms over my chest. Her eyes finally connected with mine as tears welled the brim of her lids. I frowned not helping but to walk towards her taking her in for a hug as she broke down in my hold. I couldn't be angry at this girl for too long. She went through something all of us wouldn't understand at the beginning of her adulthood and I could tell she was learning just how to deal with people. I loved her like a sister and didn't want to do nothing but protect her from here on out.

"You ain't even gotta say nothing Tom. I know you hurting and I want you to know I got you. We got you and we love you." I assured her as she nodded her head, sobbing into my shoulder. Hugging her tightly as her tears stained my shirt I kissed the top of her head numerous times. I had to get Axel here to calm her down because I know for a fact she was not going to stop crying.