Chapter 31 ~ Sage

Sage's POV

I take one last look at Chase, taking in all of him out of fear that my father is unlikely to let me within 10 meters of him ever again.

I resist the urge to lean up and kiss him, but I decide against it knowing that it will only make matters worse.

I turn and walk through the police station doors, my red dress flowing after me. This isn't how I thought this night would end. I thought I'd go to the dance, have fun with my friends and hopefully see Chase. While all those things had happened so did the part where I ended up going to the police station for interrogation.

After Officer Dylan had told me to explain what had happened the day I saw Brett, my dad came into the room.

I know he is hurt and he has every right to be, but so am I. I have spent the last few years of my life with what feels like no family members. It was hard enough losing my mum but to lose my dad too even when he's not literally gone tears me up a little inside.

Because of that, I lost it at him in the middle of the police station, in front of my dad, in front of Chase and any other nearby officer. But I don't fucking care.

I squeeze my eyes shut as another tear escapes my eye, rolling down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away. I wish I was back at the dance. Back on the dancefloor with Chase's arms around my waist as I placed my head on his chest. I felt as if I could stay there forever, breathing in his musky aroma as he held me to him.

I look around the dark carpark and quickly take out my phone. The screen lights up, text message after text message from May. Shit. I am meant to be staying at her house tonight. I look at the time displayed on my phone. 1 am. The dance is well and truly over.

I look at the piece of paper in my hands with a number on it that Chase gave me as I left. I dial the number and it rings three times before someone picks up.

"Hello?" a deep voice says from the other end of the phone. "Who is this?" He questions.

"Sage," I say, wondering who this Caleb kid is.

"Sage? As in the famous Sage Hill who has Chase whipped?" He asks feigning fake surprise. I can almost sense the smirk he is wearing through the phone.

I don't know what to say. Ignoring his comment, I ask, "Is this Caleb?"

"Yeah, I'm Caleb. Why do you ask?" He questions curiously.

"Chase gave me your number. I need your help," I say.

"Look, I really only find information for people during the daytime so maybe you could ring back in the morning?" He asks, stifling a yawn.

"I don't need information," I say. "I need you to come pick me up. Chase said you'd help."

"Why can't lover boy pick you up?" He teases.

"We are both kind of stuck at the police station right now and he said if I called you, that you would be able to give me a lift to my friend's house," I say pleadingly.

"The police station? What are you guys Bonnie and Clyde now?" He says with a slight chuckle.

"Please Caleb," I say, not in the mood for jokes.

"Yeah ok, I guess. I'll be there in 5 minutes," he says and with that, he hangs up.

Well, at least I have a lift. Now I need a place to stay. I read through all my messages from May.

Hey Sage where r u?

R u with Chase?

Did you guys leave?