Chapter 26 ~ Chase

Chase's POV

I can't handle this right now.

She is all my mind is thinking about, it keeps drifting unknowingly back to a certain brunette and it is driving me absolutely fucking insane, I can't get her out of my head no matter how hard I try.

I squeeze my eyes shut in hopes that it will miraculously wipe Sage from my mind, but nothing seems to be working. I need to clear my head of Sage and fast.

She is messing with my brain more than she realises, and I have no clue what to do.

Shit.

I unknowingly squeeze the wheel of my car tighter as I drive from school to the warehouse, earlier I had received an angry phone call from Aaron demanding I go see him as soon as possible.

I pull up and park in the nearest spot available as I see the faint outline of a figure standing about 100 metres away, only Aaron is crazy enough to wait out in the rain for someone.

He notices my car and begins to make his way over to me. I roll out my shoulders hoping to release some of my built-up tension, but nothing seems to work.

"Chase," Aaron says as he strolls over to me. He is careful in the way he positions himself, far enough away to escape if needs to, but close enough to be heard.

"Yes?" I ask the last thing I want is to stand here, cold in a car park. I am much more leaning towards a warm shower currently after my last 24 hours and a long ass nap.

"I want you to go pro," He states, I frown in return to that statement.

"I've lost some of my best fighters and I need to show you off," he continues.

"Think of it as more money," He says, hoping that I'll jump at this opportunity as if he is some miracle worker giving me a second chance at life. Except, I don't want it.

I never have.

Once you go pro there is no going back, and I never want to end up so tightly wound up in the webs of fighting that I can't escape.

"No," I state.

"It isn't a question, more a statement," he growls back, voicing his distaste for me turning down his offer.

"I said no," I repeat. I'm not going to change my mind, no money in the world is worth selling yourself up to become someone's puppet.

Aaron already has enough control over my life as it is.

There is no way in hell I am letting him have any more say in my life than what he already has.

He is shit out of luck.

"Chase, you will regret this," he says, anger in his tone.

"We'll see about that," I counter.

"If you don't go pro, you're done. The first fight is Saturday, you show or you're out," He replies as if that will make me cave. He doesn't know me. He should know that. I. Am. Not. Weak.

"Bye Aaron," I state nonchalantly, but as I turn to leave, he calls out my name one last time.

"Chase, I will see you there Saturday. You will make the right decision because you don't want to find out what will happen if you don't," he threatens.

"And if you actually don't show, I will ruin you." He says, his tone holding a sense of finality that I don't like, his snake-like eyes piercing through my own. His face has a sinister smirk on it.