12.0

E

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed with a familiar body wrapped around me. I looked down to see Shelby sleeping peacefully without any clothes.

I felt my heart start to panic and my breathing became uncontrollable

You're dreaming Ethan.

I tried to convince myself, but nothing. This was not a dream, and somehow... I was laying in the same bed I used to lay in not too long ago.

I blinked and looked around her room, nothing has changed. The Polaroid pictures hung up on her turquoise room were filled with familiar faces.

I felt the slow breathing on my chest turn into groans and soon enough, Shelby was awake and fully aware that I was awake as well.

She looked up to me and awkward smiled.

"Good morning" she spoke softly as I sat there speechless.

"Hi" I responded with a half smile.

"I have to work today, if you want you can stay here until I get back. My parents are at work until seven tonight" she said while getting up and dressing herself and putting on her work uniform.

"I got a couple deals going on today, so I'll just stay at Kennedy. Thanks" I said a bit too rude.

I honestly had very little memory of last night and I was trying to avoid conversation.

"Then leave" she responded sassily while clenching her jaw.

That's always been something special about Shelby. Her attitude can't compare to anyone else. I've watched her in a couple fights and all I have to say is I don't know why anyone would fight her in the first place.

Shelby is very passive aggressive and sassy. She is also very snarky and smart. I will always admire that about her, but she wasn't mine to admire.

I snapped back into reality to see Shelby gathering my clothes and throwing them onto her bed while scowling at me.

I got up slowly trying not to make eye contact with her to avoid the tension and put on my clothes.

I grabbed my phone and opened her door without looking back and left.