Chapter 15

Ellie's POV

A week passed by since that night, and this week felt like a year. I trusted Cameron, I really did but it seems like that trust was build with one big lie. I always thought that Cameron was my savior, my hero but after all, he was the reason. He knew that I have started to fall for him but he didn't even had the balls to tell me the truth, tell me that he was the one that run me over. I hate him. I love him. I don't know what to think. I don't even know where am I. After my flight back to Portugal my mother sent me to a mental institution and that's all that I know. Every day I woke up, take my medication and pass my days by a window looking outside. Everyday I hear people passing me by, people talking to me and I want to talk to them but my brain just ignores me and I don't move, don't say nothing. The only familiar face that I get to see it's Augustus.

Augustus- "Hi Ellie, how are you feeling today?"

I give up trying to talk to him on the third day because it was useless, but body wouldn't react to my requests.

Augustus- "I've met your friend, Cameron. He's here, for you Ellie."

No.

No. Fuck no. I don't want him, I don't want to see him.

Augustus- "He told me what he had done to you, he is soo sorry and hurt Ellie. He promised that he would save you and I'm going to help him, you're going to be a better place, far away from here."

Dana- "What the hell are you talking about?" I see my mother approach and listening to Augustus, nice.

Dana- "Who is Cameron and why is he saving her? It was him that broke her again right? Well Augustus, you won't taking Ellie away, she is staying where and she will be fine. Tell this to your friend Cameron too and thank him from bringing my daughter back, I'll make sure that she isn't going anywhere."

My mother walk away and I see her talking to Doctor Wallis, my doctor. Moments after that the guards came in and took Augustus away.

Augustus- "This isn't over, and I will come back and save her. I promise Ellie, and Cam too."

Dana- "Don't listen to him darling, nobody is taking you anywhere, you're going to stay here and be cured." She puts her cold hands in my face and I try to get away from her but again, my body doesn't react. I don't want to be saved by Cameron but I don't want to stay here anymore, I want to stop being over their control and live my life again.

Cameron's POV

Augustus went inside to talk to Ellie and I stayed at the parking lot waiting for him. I lost count of the cigarets that I've smoke and after what seemed like a fucking day Augustus get out of the building, next to two guys that I've assumed that are guards.

"How did it go?"

Augustus- "Bad, really bad. Her mother forbid visits to Ellie, no one, but her, it's able to see her. We are screwed."

"Well, if they want to play the hard way, we can play to. Are you sure about that gold thing?"

Augustus- "I'm not 100 percent sure but I'm pretty sure that it's true. The building is very old and there are other constructions under it. There is only one way to find out Cam."

"You're right. Let's go meet with the guys and tell them about this and come up with a plan."

I can't sleep. I turn to the left, turn to the right, lay on my back, lay on my belly and nothing. I can't stop thinking about Ellie and what I've done to her, this is all my fault, so it's my responsibility to save her as well. I really don't know what she is think, I don't know if she really hates me, if she will forgive me, I need to know, I'm going to get her out of that place and give her the opinions and she will decide what she want to do.

Tomorrow night is the night. The mental institution building it's an old building and rumors say that there were underground escapes during war and there are save houses full with gold, and that gold is the boy's motive. But mine is only Ellie, I don' care about the money, I don't care about the drugs, I only care about the girl that I love, Ellie. But of course it will be very hard to get the gold, we have to demolish some rooms so that we can get to the main doors to underground floor, and we some people will die, some will get hurt but we are the Magcon gang, we lost count on how many people we killed, we have to do what we have to do to get what we want to get.

Some how I ended up thinking about my called "parents" and how this is their fault. If they weren't so fucked up, I would never be this fucked up and I wouldn't have destroyed Ellie's life.

Who am I kidding, it's not their fault, it's only mine. They didn't make me take drugs, I did it to myself. I could have learn my lesson but instead and toke the same path and ended up a little bit like them. They destroyed my life and I destroyed Ellie's.

I woke to the sound of people talking, I fucking hate this house, there are to many people in here. There's always people in the hallways, on the yard, but I can't complain much because Augustus let us stay here for free and he is going to help us tonight. I'm so nervous. I spent the day walking around the house with a cigaret between my lips, I can't eat, I can't talk because I'm afraid that if I do, I'll trow up.

JC - "Are you ready to go?"

JC wakes me from my daydream about my past times with Ellie and minutes after we are on a van, heading to mental institution.

We all put our masks on, so that we don't get recognized, grab our guns and equipment and leave the van.

JC shouts the main door guard and he felt dead on the floor. Well, that one was easy. According to the plain, the guys go to the underground floor and me and Augustus go into Ellie's rescue. We took the elevator and when the doors opened Augustus threw a fog bomb and in seconds, we couldn't see anything and all we can hear were screams and we could feel people past by us, scared, trying to escape. We have to be quickly because in order for the guys to get underground they had to destroy a part of the walls, that would cause the collapse of a part of the building, almost a quarter. Yeah, I know, people will die, innocent people blablabla, I know and I don't care. I would kill half of the world to get Ellie. As we walk trow the halls, I feel someone grabbing my arm and as the person started talking, I knew exactly who that was.

Mahogany- "Well, well, we finally met again."

"What are you doing here Mahogany?"

Mahogany- "I'm here to finish what I've started."

"You already destroyed my relationship with Ellie, what more do you want?"

Mahogany- "Ahah you're so funny, I don't want to destroy your relationship. I want to destroy her, I won't destroy you. I will make your life a living hell, I will kill Ellie and you will live the rest of your days knowing and her dead has your fault. You killed Taylor, I'm going to kill Ellie."

Before I can even respond to her, I her a gun sound and I see Mahogany's body falling in the ground. I look at Augustus and he has his gun pointed to the place here Mahogany has.

Augustus- "I'm sorry but that bitch needed to be shut."

Mahogany- "Hey... Cam... come here..." I hear Mahogany saying, knowing that she will die soon.I kneeled on the ground next to her.

"Any last words?"

Mahogany- "Did you checked if Ellie's room wasn't in the part that will collapse?"

Shit. Shit. Shit.

How could I forget something like this?

I get myself up and start running to Ellie's room, I know that at any second the bombs will be activated and I have to save Ellie.

As I'm taking a turn to Ellie's room hall, my heart stops. The ground start shaking and before I could even realize, the part of the building in front of me, collapse. Including Ellie's room.

___

A/N:

I know... I know... It's been a while... Let's just ignore it ok? :D

Love you all with all my heart, thank you so much for the +2500 reads, you mean the word to me.

Follom me on Twitter ( joanna__rita )

With ALL my love,

Joana <3