Chapter 1

Ellie's POV

Bart- "Good Morning Ellie"

- "Morning Bart"

*news reporter*- "And this is just in, the Magcon Gang strikes again! Wells Fargo Bank in Chino Hills, California was the newest victim of this gang. The profit it's still unknown but it was big. There are still no information about the gang and no way to catch them, all we know about them it's that they are dangerous. (...) "

Bart- "Ellie be careful..."

- "Why?"

Bart- "They are close Ellie, they are dangerous and they might still be here in Chino, and I'm afraid that something happen to you, just be careful ok?"

- "Don't worry Bart, I'll be careful. I'm going to school and then I'm going to Katie's after ok?"

Bart- "Ok, but be careful. Love you Ellie."

- "Love you too Bart."

I hate when Bart is so protective but I know it's just because he loves me so much and see me as his own. It has him that saved me from completely ruining my life, there is not enough words that would let me express how grateful I am for this second opportunity that was given to me.

School is over, finally. The hot topic today was the robbery. I don't get why people are so obsessed with them and why they don't catch them. They are just people, mean people, they are not super heroes, they don't have superpowers, why is so hard to catch them?

Katie- "Met me at my house at 5pm ok? I have to do some stuff first and them I'll meet you there. Love you, be careful."

- "Love you too."

It's still 4pm so I decide to go to the mall near Katie's home to buy some make up, I haven't put on any make up since I'm here because I was afraid that it would bring the old me back, but that was a stupid theory and I miss my make up. It's not a bit of foundation and a dark lipstick that it's going to make me go back in time, change me again to something that Bart help me get away from. 

I can see the mall from where I'm standing, 'Kicking Roses' by the Benjamin Francis Leftwich is playing on my hear but I hear the city around me. I set my feet in the crosswalk and I can hear a car speeding towards my direction, I look to my left to see if the car it's going to slow down but it's too late.

*

Cameron's POV

Nash- "DUDE! This new shit is so dope, here did you get this weed?"

- "I don't know man. A girl I was with last night gave it to me."

Nash- "Do you even remember her name?"

- "You know I don't."

I really don't. I was drunk, high. Damn I love my life, I fuck a different girl every night, and I get higher and drunker every night. Some ask if I have feelings and if I never fall in love. I don't, since I was little I've created a kind of bubble around me and I don't let anyone enter. The last person that have enter it was my mother and my father and yeah, they fucked up everything. I still remember the day when I was watching TV and eating breakfast and my father was yelling at my mother because she bought me a new t-shirt with the money he gave her for weed, that was when the cops break down the door and enter the house, they took me away and put both of my parents in jail. Ever since that day I haven't hear from either my mother or my father. And I'm thankful for that, I really am. I think that my mother wouldn't be proud. I look at mirror in the car and I immediately know I. All I can see are my tattoos, my piercing, yeah my mother was a junkie but she cared about me, and she would hate see all my tattoos, see me get high every night and fuck a different girl every night. But it's her fault, hers and my father's. They made me this way. And here I am, high as fuck and driving.