Chapter 27: Prom night

Start from the beginning

What I didn't understand is why she hit me with a baseball bat after I decided to leave then give me enough cash to sustain me for years.

Was that also an effect of schizophrenia or just her being abusive and supportive at the same time?

It took hours to think about it and then I made a decision.

Yes, I thought about Cassandra's mean but truthful remarks earlier and it made a huge impact on the decision.

I planned on leaving Dylan's house the next day.

Yeah, I know. I shouldn't think about it cause Cassandra is such a bitch but bitches might be truthful at times.

The money was enough to help myself to college and whatever happens after, happens.

It's not like my story is gonna end with an happily ever after anyways.

"Cupcake, are you alright?"

"Um, yeah, yeah" I cleared my throat "There's something I want you to know, Dylan"

"You wanna leave cause Cassandra made you feel like you're such a problem and the money your mom gave you, or threw to you, whatever would get you a house or something?"

The fuck?

"Cassandra told me she told you all of that and when I tried to talk to you, I saw you walking out of school looking like every fast food restaurant in the world has been destroyed by an earthquake. Long story short, I followed you and saw your throw you that."

"First" I started "I'd be dead if every fast food restaurant is destroyed by an earthquake and second, you followed me?"

"Yeah. If you were such a problem to me, I wouldn't have cared. I won't let you leave, cupcake. Not till you marry the alien of your dreams and he takes you to Mars, hopefully"

"I'm not gonna marry an alien, you idiot."

"Whatever. The point is, you're not gonna leave here, not on my watch and if you do leave, I'll be forced to call the cops"

.~*~.~*~.~*~.

So, Dylan made me pay a dollar as rent for a lifetime in his house.

Yeah, that's it. No questions asked.

Moving on, we drove to Cassandra's house and then I figured out she had a brother and I knew just who he was.

David.

You know, he weird hover board guy with an helmet and juice box.

It was a shocking discovery.

His sister was a Barbie wannabe and he was the complete opposite, totally weird if I might add. 

And guess what, he had his hover board and an helmet, yet again. The only difference was that he had a suit on.

He didn't wear a shirt beneath it nor did he have a tie around his neck. Just a suit and his chest on display.

Cassandra wore a red spaghetti strap dress delicately adorned with red jelwels, a shiny glass purse in her hands, golden bangles around her wrists, face cakes with excessive make up and heels as high as her IQ