Chapter XVII

Siyenna's POV
Carters' Residence
Monday 10:00 P.M.

I walked up to Shay's sister car and hopped in.

"What are you wearing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Honey this is a party not a church group."

I looked down at my outfit. I saw nothing wrong with it. Vintage is more my style so this dress felt almost perfect to wear to a party.

"I like this dress."

"And? There's no way I'm doing this to you. I love you too much to let you go out like that."

She reached in her bag and picked up a dress that looked more than scandalous. I shook my head. It was red with lace and showing a lot of skin.

 It was red with lace and showing a lot of skin

"Shay we're not going to the club. What is this?"

"This is fashion and will complement your features nicely. Here, try it on."

She handed me the dress and I examined it more imagining it on me. I burst into a fit of laughter. There's no way I'd be caught dead in this, my parents would kill the living hell out of me, bring me back and kill me again..

"You're joking right."

"No this is sexy, plus it will help Kasen notice you. Sooo get to changing."

I sighed but complied and changed. I felt uncomfortable and itchy due to the fabric. I could already tell this was going to be one long night. Once I was done she made me switch my flats to heels and then her sister drove us to the party.

Cars were scattered around the mansion with teens scattered all around the yard. She parked and we went inside. I could see out the corner of my eye that I was turning heads.

Although I was used to it, I wondered what was the cause this time. My dress or my identity and the thoughts that came with it. Moments later we we're greeted by Kasen and two other guys.

Kasen spoke first, "Hey Síyenna, you lookin' good tonight."

I uttered a small 'thank you' making little to no eye contact. I felt slightly self conscious and I just wanted to wrap myself in a blanket and cover up.

Next the two other males introduced themselves; one was Dave and the other Grayson. I payed them no mind noticeably uninterested and uncomfortable.

While Shay talked and became engulfed in the conversation I could feel Dave just staring at me. I may have just been overreacting but that horrible feeling that only my mom knew how to handle came back.

I needed a second to calm myself down. I scanned the room and found a small bathroom in the back hallway "Umm Shay, I'm going to use the restroom I'll be back." I excused myself.