Chapter XV

Sízyre POV
Talsman Private High School
Monday 12:42 P.M.

I walked down the school hallway headed to my 4rd period

I walked down the school hallway headed to my 4rd period. I preferred to walk alone at most times to avoid the drama. I wasn't as popular, and I liked it that way considering my circumstances.

I sat down at my seat in the back and waited for the biology class to begin. Soon the class started to fill and the class began.

The teacher looked as if she was trying to figure out roll call. I drew doodles while I waited for her to call my name. Feeling a gentle tap I looked up at whoever had interrupted my drawing.

"Hey, I don't mean to bother you but may I sit here?" She asked pointing to the seat across from me.

It was a girl I've never seen before. She had to be new.

Involuntarily I looked her up and down but not in a judgmental way

Involuntarily I looked her up and down but not in a judgmental way. "Yea sure"

She sat down and smiled. "My name is Paris by the way."

"Cool name, I'm Sízyire."

"You too, is it French?"

Honestly I don't know what my name is. I've always wondered where it came from and why my birth mother decided to me the name, Sízyire. "Ummm sure."

She giggled and turned toward the teacher that asked for the class to pay attention. After she finished her short introduction to the agenda, we started our assignments and begun to talk again.

"So what's it like here?"

"It's busy but you'll get used to it. Where are you from?"

"Germany, my dad was on base but he recently retired. So life is just soooo... different now."

I nodded and we continued talking for
40 minutes just getting to know each other. Usually I would've cut off our conversation and not engage but something about her was so different. Soon the bell rang dismissing us.