delicate

when reece bibby had asked me out on a date, i laughed. well, i say asked. he messaged me at about midnight, the alert sending rays of electric light across my dark bedroom. the one night i leave my notifications on is the one night a fit boy actually wants to speak to me.

i'm at the dive bar, east
side. wya?

um, who is this? how
did you get my number?

bibby. i have my
sources, y/n. and
you didn't answer
my question.

i'm at home in bed,
like most people at
midnight. why do
you care?

because i think
you should come
and join me. meet
me round the back,
it'll be fun.

i chuckled out loud, then remembered that i was supposed to be asleep. reece bibby wants to meet me in a bar? me being, like... actually me?

oh fuck it, what have i got to lose?

give me 30 minutes.

i scurried around my room, gathering a quick outfit. jeans, band tee, leather jacket. sure, why not. usually, i would've spent ages deciphering each item of clothing in my wardrobe and picking out the one that he'd like best. right now, that's not an option, some i'm kind of settling for anything. i buckled a belt around my waist and tucked in my shirt so it wasn't as boring, then did some quick makeup.

oh, and i had turned on the light by this point, for those wondering.

i grabbed my favourite scrunchie from the night stand and quickly shoved my hair up into a messy ponytail, pulling a few strands out to make it look more effortless. i pulled on some socks, threw my phone and keys into a bag, then rolled up the ankles on my jeans to make way for my classic doc martens. i made my way to the bedroom door, walking down the stairs and blatantly past my mum, almost willing her to question me.

"and where would you be going?" she asked, just as i reached for the door. well done, mother dearest. just in the nick of time.
"out, i'm meeting a friend," i said, before continuing to leave the house.
"ah, okay. don't be back late. or, of course, just don't come back, that's also fine."

i knew she wouldn't care.

i set off down the street. luckily i already live on the east side, so it's not that far to go to the dive bar. i walked for 5 or so minutes, and then turned a left, walked down the lane a little, and then came to stop at the bar. i texted reece and told him i was outside and he said he was out the back, like he said he would be. i grinned and pushed open the door, earning perverted glances from the middle aged men who took hostage there at this kind of time. i avoided eye contact, keeping my head down and moving swiftly straight through the pub. i headed to the back door, took one last look to see how many people were still staring at me (quite a few, to my disgust), pushed it open and was met by a very, very attractive young man.

reece.

he was nothing but a silhouette in the black of the night, his pale skin masked by the cloak of glum. he wore dark jeans and nike trainers, his dirty blonde hair tousled and messy.

"y/n. hey," he said, his voice deep and endearing. he stepped closer to me and pecked my cheek, making me breathe heavier. the only things i could think about was much i wanted him right now. i've liked him ever since he moved here and now we're all alone, his lips still poised by my cheek, at the back door of a bar.